Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers emergency help ! about unixware backup Post 31449 by luckylwf on Thursday 7th of November 2002 07:34:49 PM
Old 11-07-2002
emergency help ! about unixware backup

MY question is :
First I create emergency_disk successful ,and then I create emergency_rec with command
" /sbin/emergency_rec ctape1 " (in single user mode)
it prompt me as :
"/tmp is busy "
and
"/usr/tmp/hwrdmon open failed errno 0X2
adapter enquiry failed for 1 adapter "
and it will show these again and again .
My tape is normal .When I use tar to backup ,it is successful.
Can you help me at once ? (soft version unixware 7.1.1 )
luckylwf

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Performance issue from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7

Hello, I am having performance problem when , i ported a c code from Unixware 2.1 to Unixware 7.0.0. My program establishes a synchornous connection with the client in a windows OS and then sends and receives messsages using the recv and send calls. What i hyave noticed is that after a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amith
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Emergency help with script!

I'm trying to write a script to push out to all our servers some Veritas add-ons. I want the script to push to all servers and if there server hardware matches the uname -i statement, it will install a additional add-on.. The script keeps giving me a error on line 29. Here is the script.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
3 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Emergency help with ubuntu

Hi guys i have some question about ubuntu(10.10) 1.what time scheduling & page replacement algorithm have been used in ubuntu 2.how to create a process 3.how to kill a process 4.how to send information to a process 5.how to see a process 6.how to increase priority of a process 7.how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mortez28
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Emergency !!!Help Please--- NFS

Hi Guru's, I am unable to mount NFS share on unix system (DG/UX) which is nfs client. Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid argument mount: giving up on: /mountpoint i tried following commands mount -t nfs remotehost:/nfsshare /mountpoint Error: mount: /nfsshare: Invalid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justin John
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX emergency

can anyone please tell me that how can i boot unix from a cd? full procedure. it's an emergency. reply asap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niket agarwal
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIXWare Backup Tape Stuck

We have a SCO UnixWare system version 7.1.3, running a front end ERP system on a Compaq/HP Proliant ML370 server. Compaq ProLiant ML370 Server I change the tape everyday to do a daily back up. When I pressed the eject button last night it failed to spit the tape out.....HELP. 1) Is this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
12 Replies

8. SCO

Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4)

In my previous thread post (which is also the most recent on this SCO forum), I mentioned that we have an HP DL380G5 server running SCO Unixware 7.11 which has unable to boot with error “FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can't load stage 3”. .. Unfortunately no media is available for the machine and I think the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BernP
1 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency Help about backup of SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

hi guys im beginner in unix and have many problem with this. i have one old machine that Sco unix OpenServer 5.0.7 installed on it. i wana backup from all partition of hard disk and restore it on another unix machine. how can i do that ? thing like hard to hard for windows !!! i only know how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farzad226
1 Replies
BACKUP_INTERACTIVE(8)					       AFS Command Reference					     BACKUP_INTERACTIVE(8)

NAME
backup_interactive - Enters interactive mode SYNOPSIS
backup [interactive] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup [i] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup interactive initiates an interactive session for issuing backup commands. As indicated in the syntax statement, the operation code (interactive) is optional. Several features of interactive mode distinguish it from regular mode: o In interactive mode, the "backup"> prompt replaces the system (shell) prompt. The operator enters only a command's operation code (omitting the command suite name, backup). o If the -localauth flag or the -cell argument is included on the backup interactive command, the settings apply to all commands issued during that interactive session. The issuer does not need to type them on every command. Another consequence is that the flag and argument do not appear in the syntax statement generated by the help subcommand or -help flag on an individual command issued at the "backup"> prompt. o The backup jobs and backup kill commands are available only in interactive mode. It is not possible to track and terminate backup operations as cleanly in non-interactive mode. o It is not necessary to enclose strings that include metacharacters in double quotes or other delimiters. o The backup command interpreter establishes a connection to the Backup Server, Volume Server and Volume Location (VL) Server processes as it enters interactive mode, and uses the same connection for all commands during the session. Execution time can therefore be faster than in non-interactive mode, in which the command interpreter must establish a new connection for each command. To exit an interactive session, issue the backup quit command. OPTIONS
-localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how the -localauth flag and -cell argument do not appear when the help dump subcommand is issued in interactive mode. % backup backup> help dump dump: start dump Usage: dump [-volumeset <volume set name>] [-dump <dump level name>] [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-at <Date/time to start dump>+] [-append ] [-n ] [-file <load file>] [-help ] PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None. However, backup commands that require privilege in regular mode still require it in interactive mode. SEE ALSO
backup(8), backup_jobs(8), backup_kill(8), backup_quit(8), butc(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_INTERACTIVE(8)