Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX compiling linux driver to run on HPUX Post 31383 by hilbi on Thursday 7th of November 2002 03:02:02 AM
Old 11-07-2002
compiling linux driver to run on HPUX

Hi,

a friend of mine gave me an old HP B180 Unix Workstation with HPUX, the only problem with that, the onboard graphicsbaord doesn´t work anymore. I want to buy a new PCI Graphicsboard (350RAMDAC), but they only have Linux drivers going with the card.

Question: Is it possible to compile a Linux driver and make it work on a HPUX system?

hilbi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

modem driver for linux

how to get modem driver for linux on intel netvista a22p model?please help.Thanks.:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinubhaskar
2 Replies

2. Programming

Porting From Linux To Hpux

Gents, i'm a senior applications developer and need to port a Linux server application ( no additional / special libraries or unique header files ) to a HPUX enviroment. Any chance to compile it on the Linux using flags to create an HPUX binary with gcc? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anak0nda
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux

Hello all, I am new to programming and currently I am taking a swing at Objective-C. I easily compile my programs on my Macintosh, and have compiled some Objective-C programs on my linux box. The problem I am having is when I try to use features demonstrated in the book Programming in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux driver installation and so on.

I find Linux drivers to be the most elusive topic that there is and have enough questions about them that could fill a guide or tutorial if there was one. From what I can gather drivers are installed by one of three ways. 1- Recompile the kernel to include a driver that is included in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

7. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling git in HPUX 11.31 itanium

Hello, Would you know the steps on how to compile git command in HPUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies
BWI(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    BWI(4)

NAME
bwi -- Broadcom BCM43xx IEEE 802.11b/g wireless network driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device bwi device wlan device wlan_amrr device firmware Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_bwi_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The bwi driver provides support for Broadcom BCM43xx based PCI/CardBus network adapters. It supports station and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configur- ing this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires firmware to be loaded before it will work. The ports/net/bwi-firmware-kmod port needs to be installed before ifconfig(8) will work. HARDWARE
The bwi driver supports Broadcom BCM43xx based wireless devices, including: Card Chip Bus Standard Apple Airport Extreme BCM4306 PCI b/g Apple Airport Extreme BCM4318 PCI b/g ASUS WL-138g BCM4318 PCI b/g Buffalo WLI-CB-G54S BCM4318 CardBus b/g Buffalo WLI-PCI-G54S BCM4306 PCI b/g Compaq R4035 onboard BCM4306 PCI b/g Dell Wireless 1470 BCM4318 Mini PCI b/g Dell Truemobile 1400 BCM4309 Mini PCI b/g HP nx6125 BCM4319 PCI b/g Linksys WPC54G Ver 3 BCM4318 CardBus b/g Linksys WPC54GS Ver 2 BCM4318 CardBus b/g TRENDnet TEW-401PCplus BCM4306 CardBus b/g US Robotics 5411 BCM4318 CardBus b/g EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev bwi0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up SEE ALSO
arp(4), cardbus(4), intro(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_amrr(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) HISTORY
The bwi driver first appeared in FreeBSD 8.0. AUTHORS
The bwi driver was written for DragonFly BSD by Sepherosa Ziehau and subsequently ported to FreeBSD. BUGS
Some card based on the BCM4306 and BCM4309 chips do not work properly on channel 1, 2 and 3. BSD
May 16, 2009 BSD