Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX compiling linux driver to run on HPUX Post 31383 by hilbi on Thursday 7th of November 2002 03:02:02 AM
Old 11-07-2002
compiling linux driver to run on HPUX

Hi,

a friend of mine gave me an old HP B180 Unix Workstation with HPUX, the only problem with that, the onboard graphicsbaord doesn´t work anymore. I want to buy a new PCI Graphicsboard (350RAMDAC), but they only have Linux drivers going with the card.

Question: Is it possible to compile a Linux driver and make it work on a HPUX system?

hilbi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

modem driver for linux

how to get modem driver for linux on intel netvista a22p model?please help.Thanks.:( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xinubhaskar
2 Replies

2. Programming

Porting From Linux To Hpux

Gents, i'm a senior applications developer and need to port a Linux server application ( no additional / special libraries or unique header files ) to a HPUX enviroment. Any chance to compile it on the Linux using flags to create an HPUX binary with gcc? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anak0nda
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Book for Linux Basics and Linux device driver.

hai friend, I am new to Linux, i need a book for Linux basic and Linux device driver .. plz send the book name and author(Easy to learn and mostly used by programmers) and also send the link if it is available in Net... Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar.lsr
0 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling Objective-C 2.0 under Linux

Hello all, I am new to programming and currently I am taking a swing at Objective-C. I easily compile my programs on my Macintosh, and have compiled some Objective-C programs on my linux box. The problem I am having is when I try to use features demonstrated in the book Programming in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

5. Programming

Compiling virtual network adapter driver problem (net_device struct)

Hi, I found on linuxgazette.net/93/bhaskaran.html page very useful sample of virtual driver (not connected to real hardware). I try to compile it with no effect. So: I got fresh Ubuntu 9.10 (kernel 2.6.31-14) My source is saved in networkAdapter.c file in /usr/src/myModules directory. I... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
21 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux driver installation and so on.

I find Linux drivers to be the most elusive topic that there is and have enough questions about them that could fill a guide or tutorial if there was one. From what I can gather drivers are installed by one of three ways. 1- Recompile the kernel to include a driver that is included in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theKbStockpiler
2 Replies

7. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Compiling git in HPUX 11.31 itanium

Hello, Would you know the steps on how to compile git command in HPUX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SystemAddict
1 Replies

9. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling FORTRAN into Linux

Hello, I use Linux on Ubuntu 12.04. I have a fortran script with extension .f and I want to compile it to an executable file in linux. I have used this command: f77 -o snp_hwe.exe snp_hwe.f But I receive this error: (.text+0x18): undefined reference to `main' collect2: ld returned 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies
pcimodules(8)							Linux PCI Utilities						     pcimodules(8)

NAME
pcimodules - List kernel driver modules available for all currently plugged in PCI devices SYNOPSIS
pcimodules [--classclass_id] [--classmaskmask] [--help] DESCRIPTION
pcimodules lists all driver modules for all currently plugged in PCI devices. pcimodules should be run at boot time, and whenever a PCI device is "hot plugged" into the system. This can be done by the following Bourne shell syntax: for module in $(pcimodules) ; do modprobe -s -k "$module" done When a PCI device is removed from the system, the Linux kernel will decrement a usage count on PCI driver module. If this count drops to zero (i.e., there are no PCI drivers), then the modprobe -r process that is normally configured to run from cron every few minutes will eventually remove the unneeded module. The --class and --classmask arguments can be used to limit the search to certain classes of PCI devices. This is useful, for example, to generate a list of ethernet card drivers to be loaded when the kernel has indicated that it is trying to resolve an unknown network inter- face. Modules are listed in the order in which the PCI devices are physically arranged so that the computer owner can arrange things like having scsi device 0 be on a controller that is not alphabetically the first scsi controller. OPTIONS
--class class --classmask mask --class and --classmask limit the search to PCI cards in particular classes. These arguments are always used together. The arguments to --class and --classmask can be given as hexadecimal numbers by prefixing a leading "0x". Note that the classes used by pcimodules are in "Linux" format, meaning the class value that you see with lspci would be shifted left eight bits, with the new low eight bits programming interface ID. An examples of how to use class and classmask is provided below. --help, -h Print a help message and exit. EXAMPLES
pcimodules lists all modules corresponding to currently plugged in PCI devices. pcimodules --class 0x20000 --classmask 0xffff00 lists all modules corresponding to currently plugged in ethernet PCI devices. FILES
/lib/modules/<kernel-version>/modules.pcimap This file is automatically generated by depmod, and used by pcimodules to determine which modules correspond to which PCI ID's. /proc/bus/pci An interface to PCI bus configuration space provided by the post-2.1.82 Linux kernels. Contains per-bus subdirectories with per-card config space files and a devices file containing a list of all PCI devices. SEE ALSO
lspci(8) MAINTAINER
The Linux PCI Utilities are maintained by Martin Mares <mj@suse.cz>. AUTHOR
pcimodules was written by Adam J. Richter <adam@yggdrasil.com>, based on public domain example code by Martin Mares <mj@suse.cz>. COPYRIGHT
pcimodules is copyright 2000, Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated, and may be copied under the terms and conditions of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation (Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States of America). pciutils-3.1.7 31 January 2010 pcimodules(8)