Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to extract the path BELOW a certain folder? Post 303045592 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 2nd of April 2020 04:37:42 PM
Old 04-02-2020
If they are directories in your filesystem you could try:

Code:
$ cd /PPC/Cloud_Automation/Applications/APPNAME/Files
$ find . -type d -print
./Data Management
./Data Management/Data
./Essbase
./Essbase/AppName

or
Code:
$ cd /PPC/Cloud_Automation/Applications/APPNAME/Files
$ find . -mindepth 2 -type d -print
./Data Management/Data
./Essbase/AppName

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder?

Hello, I am an amature at UNIX commands and functionality. Please could you all assist me by replying to my below mentioned querry : How can I upload a zip folder on a unix path from my windows folder? Thanks guys Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajit.yadav83
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls + folder path

I am using ls -l -R to view all the files in the parent directory and sub -directories. Is it possible to view the path of the files in another column. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract path within path

Hi, I have a environmental variables, ORACLE_HOME=/u01/oracle/ORCL/db/tech/10.2.0 ORACLE_SID=ORCL Now I need to create a variable and need to extract some part from ORACLE_HOME. I need to get the path from ORACLE_HOME till ORACLE_SID as /u01/oracle/ORCL. I may need to check also... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreejitnair123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract the path

I make this script that uses "strace" to trace programs. The script looks for files that the program opens. It looks like this open("/lib/libtermcap.so.2", O_RDONLY) = 3 open("/dev/tty", O_RDWR|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE) = 3 I want to extract the path without the quotes, preferably using grep and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samuel Gordon
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Truncate folder path

Hello, Given below are 2 sample paths from 2 different servers: /opt/temp/PROD/Script/New/Letters /opt/Share/temp/Share1/PROD/Script/Files/New/Letters I would like to truncate the path till the folder "PROD". Please note that the field count of the folder "PROD" vaires from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DawnNish
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Given a path get the last folder in the path

Hi, I have a path such as: PATH= "/home/user/Desktop/folder1/folder2"and I want to output the last folder in the path i.e. "folder 2" Any idea how I should do this? grep? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashnewbee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract a folder from a full path

Hi everyone, I have different folders which looks like this: /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/brochure/de_DE/zeitlos.ott /mnt/ecrm/master/ecrm/templates/mail/en_US/default.html /templates/header_and_footer/en_US/default.txt I want to get the bold text only in a variable. I already have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evilass
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to unmount a folder and do check disk only in that path

I need to check if a folder has some kind of logic disk problems. I have a FreeBSD machine where the (root)\tmp\TEST folder has some file created by a script that i cannot delete. If i rename the tmp\TEST folder then i can delete them (apparently) but if i recreate a folder in tmp directory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirrorx
2 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)