Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? VBulletin 3.8 to Discourse on Docker Migration Test Take Two Post 303045230 by Neo on Saturday 14th of March 2020 07:11:05 AM
Old 03-14-2020
Have decided to go with (in progress):

Code:
rake destroy:topics_all_categories

Then add new vbpostid field to posts table in discourse and import / migrate all topics and posts and attachments again.

This will take a long time. At least two days, I am guessing.

I made a full backup of the "almost working discourse app" first, so if this fails we can revert back to the last working instance.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies

2. Linux

Docker and pipework,ip with other subnet

Recently i found this for give to docker a "personal" ip ip addr del 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0 ip link add link eth0 dev eth0m type macvlan mode bridge ip link set eth0m up ip addr add 10.1.1.133/24 dev eth0m route add default gw 10.1.1.1On container i did ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting yocto SDK for docker

Actually I was facing the following issue while building my Yocto SDK on Docker container sudo docker build --tag="akash/eclipse-che:6.5.0-1" --tag="akash/eclipse-che:latest" /home/akash/dockerimage.yocto.support/ Sending build context to Docker daemon 26.93MB Step 1/5 : FROM eclipse/cpp_gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akash BHardwaj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Can't pass a variable representing the output of lsb_release to a docker dontainer

I don't know why, but the rendering of my code mucks up the spacing and indentation, despite being correct in the original file. I'm having issues getting the following script to run (specifically the nested script at the end of the docker command near the end of the script; I think I'm not passing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Ray
2 Replies

6. Docker

Docker learning Phase-I

Hello All, I had recently learnt a bit of Docker(which provides containerization process). Here are some of my learning points from it. Let us start first with very basic question: What is Docker: Docker is a platform for sysadmins and developers to DEPLOY, DEVELOP and RUN applications ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
7 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Under Consideration: Migrate the Forums to Discourse

Dear All, After being active on the Node-RED forum for the last few weeks, I have been very impressed with Discourse, and my eyes have been opened. https://www.discourse.org/ but not the paid /hosted offering, but using the open distribution: https://github.com/discourse/discourse ... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
52 Replies
GIT-REVERT(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-REVERT(1)

NAME
git-revert - Revert some existing commits SYNOPSIS
git revert [--[no-]edit] [-n] [-m parent-number] [-s] <commit>... git revert --continue git revert --quit git revert --abort DESCRIPTION
Given one or more existing commits, revert the changes that the related patches introduce, and record some new commits that record them. This requires your working tree to be clean (no modifications from the HEAD commit). Note: git revert is used to record some new commits to reverse the effect of some earlier commits (often only a faulty one). If you want to throw away all uncommitted changes in your working directory, you should see git-reset(1), particularly the --hard option. If you want to extract specific files as they were in another commit, you should see git-checkout(1), specifically the git checkout <commit> -- <filename> syntax. Take care with these alternatives as both will discard uncommitted changes in your working directory. OPTIONS
<commit>... Commits to revert. For a more complete list of ways to spell commit names, see gitrevisions(7). Sets of commits can also be given but no traversal is done by default, see git-rev-list(1) and its --no-walk option. -e, --edit With this option, git revert will let you edit the commit message prior to committing the revert. This is the default if you run the command from a terminal. -m parent-number, --mainline parent-number Usually you cannot revert a merge because you do not know which side of the merge should be considered the mainline. This option specifies the parent number (starting from 1) of the mainline and allows revert to reverse the change relative to the specified parent. Reverting a merge commit declares that you will never want the tree changes brought in by the merge. As a result, later merges will only bring in tree changes introduced by commits that are not ancestors of the previously reverted merge. This may or may not be what you want. See the revert-a-faulty-merge How-To[1] for more details. --no-edit With this option, git revert will not start the commit message editor. -n, --no-commit Usually the command automatically creates some commits with commit log messages stating which commits were reverted. This flag applies the changes necessary to revert the named commits to your working tree and the index, but does not make the commits. In addition, when this option is used, your index does not have to match the HEAD commit. The revert is done against the beginning state of your index. This is useful when reverting more than one commits' effect to your index in a row. -s, --signoff Add Signed-off-by line at the end of the commit message. --strategy=<strategy> Use the given merge strategy. Should only be used once. See the MERGE STRATEGIES section in git-merge(1) for details. -X<option>, --strategy-option=<option> Pass the merge strategy-specific option through to the merge strategy. See git-merge(1) for details. SEQUENCER SUBCOMMANDS
--continue Continue the operation in progress using the information in .git/sequencer. Can be used to continue after resolving conflicts in a failed cherry-pick or revert. --quit Forget about the current operation in progress. Can be used to clear the sequencer state after a failed cherry-pick or revert. --abort Cancel the operation and return to the pre-sequence state. EXAMPLES
git revert HEAD~3 Revert the changes specified by the fourth last commit in HEAD and create a new commit with the reverted changes. git revert -n master~5..master~2 Revert the changes done by commits from the fifth last commit in master (included) to the third last commit in master (included), but do not create any commit with the reverted changes. The revert only modifies the working tree and the index. SEE ALSO
git-cherry-pick(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. revert-a-faulty-merge How-To git-htmldocs/howto/revert-a-faulty-merge.html Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-REVERT(1)