Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers AIX UNIX user mail in outlook Post 303045163 by zxmaus on Thursday 12th of March 2020 11:25:37 PM
Old 03-13-2020
you can forward the mail to any user you like by creating / populating $HOME/.forward
This User Gave Thanks to zxmaus For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem sending mail to outlook

i'm a avid fan of making the output of my scripts look pretty. so as a result i put in my scripts a lot of lines that are formed by either ****** or ======= now, outlook seems to have a problem with that. it always removes something that it calls "line breakers" from the emails my scripts send... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX mail to Outlook 2003

I'm trying to move a users multiple folders (archieved email) from a Solaris UNIX system to Outlook 2003. The user accesses the mail via ELM and folder are kept on his home drive, not under /var/mail. I was told I can use either IMAP and/or POP3 to connect to the UNIX server from outlook and just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpennell
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read outlook mails for a particular user and store that mail description in a excel/notepad

My requirements are :- Remote connection to the another server with log in credential. Read the mail from a particular user with date,subject and contents and store these data in XLs with consecutive columns (date,subject and contents). Mail that XLs to multiple user those are in a mailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjan001
3 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Outlook Mail Rule issue- not reaching the unix server

Hi All, I' m having a pretty strange issue, when I sent an outlook email that is forwarded by rule for example (email sent every day at certain time) to the server is not going through, i cant see it arriving at the Maildir or i have also a procmail rule log that also not reaching... could... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyline88
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How i can send a mail from outlook to an UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can sent from the unix server to my outlook account,I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I send a mail from my outlook or other mail accounts to UNIX server?

Hi all, I want to send a mail for my business needs from outlook account to an unix server (HP-UX) but I don't send any mail. While I can send from the unix server to my outlook account, I can't send from outlook to unix. How can I achieve this ? How can I send a mail from my outlook or other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: igelegin
2 Replies

9. Linux

Send mail to outlook

Hello Guys, I have a requirement to send an email to outlook from unix script. I have used the below stuff to send an email and it worked on machine A but not on machine B. Please find their versions. Machine A ) Linux xxx 2.4.9-e.40enterprise #1 SMP Thu Apr 8 16:43:01 EDT 2004 i686 unknown... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthbiradar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies
BINMAIL(1)						      General Commands Manual							BINMAIL(1)

NAME
binmail - send or receive mail among users SYNOPSIS
/bin/mail [ + ] [ -i ] [ person ] ... /bin/mail [ + ] [ -i ] -f file DESCRIPTION
Note: This is the old version 7 UNIX system mail program. The default mail command is described in Mail(1), and its binary is in the directory /usr/ucb. mail with no argument prints a user's mail, message-by-message, in last-in, first-out order; the optional argument + displays the mail mes- sages in first-in, first-out order. For each message, it reads a line from the standard input to direct disposition of the message. newline Go on to next message. d Delete message and go on to the next. p Print message again. - Go back to previous message. s [ file ] ... Save the message in the named files (`mbox' default). w [ file ] ... Save the message, without a header, in the named files (`mbox' default). m [ person ] ... Mail the message to the named persons (yourself is default). EOT (control-D) Put unexamined mail back in the mailbox and stop. q Same as EOT. !command Escape to the Shell to do command. * Print a command summary. An interrupt normally terminates the mail command; the mail file is unchanged. The optional argument -i tells mail to continue after interrupts. When persons are named, mail takes the standard input up to an end-of-file (or a line with just `.') and adds it to each person's `mail' file. The message is preceded by the sender's name and a postmark. Lines that look like postmarks are prepended with `>'. A person is usually a user name recognized by login(1). To denote a recipient on a remote system, prefix person by the system name and exclamation mark (see uucp(1C)). The -f option causes the named file, for example, `mbox', to be printed as if it were the mail file. When a user logs in he is informed of the presence of mail. FILES
/etc/passwd to identify sender and locate persons /usr/spool/mail/* incoming mail for user * mbox saved mail /tmp/ma* temp file /usr/spool/mail/*.lock lock for mail directory dead.letter unmailable text SEE ALSO
Mail(1), write(1), uucp(1C), uux(1C), xsend(1), sendmail(8) BUGS
Race conditions sometimes result in a failure to remove a lock file. Normally anybody can read your mail, unless it is sent by xsend(1). An installation can overcome this by making mail a set-user-id command that owns the mail directory. 7th Edition April 29, 1985 BINMAIL(1)