Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk script to match string and print status Post 303044180 by shanul karim on Sunday 16th of February 2020 07:27:39 AM
Old 02-16-2020
Code:
awk 'NF>1 && /LOTC cluster state:/{print "lotc cluster"}/Node/{ if ($3!="joined") print "LOTC cluster state is not ok"; next}' sample.txt

tried the above code

but response not as expected

Code:
lotc cluster
LOTC cluster state is not ok

This User Gave Thanks to shanul karim For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print exit status in AWK

Hi all, How can I print the exit status in AWK? echo $? doesnt work for me Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pauline mugisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

exact string match ; search and print match

I am trying to match a pattern exactly in a shell script. I have tried two methods awk '/\<mpath${CURR_MP}\>/{print $1 $2}' multipath perl -ne '/\bmpath${CURR_MP}\b/ and print' /var/tmp/multipath Both these methods require that I use the escape character. I am guessing that is why... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print lines based on string match on another line and condition

Hi folks, I have a text file that I need to parse, and I cant figure it out. The source is a report breaking down softwares from various companies with some basic info about them (see source snippet below). Ultimately what I want is an excel sheet with only Adobe and Microsoft software name and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rowie718
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print everything after a string match

Hi all, I'm trying to do some work on the authorized_keys file to do a check if there's any information after the hash key.. At the end of the hash key's in the file, there can be an = or == Is there a way to check if anything exists after these equals and if so print it out or else print... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jazmania
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that match regex on xth string

Hello, I need an awk command to print only the lines that match regex on xth field from file. For example if I use this command awk -F"|" ' $22 == "20130117090000.*" 'It wont work, I think, because single quotes wont allow the usage of the metacharacter star * . On the other hand I dont know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print string after the word match

Hi, I have the logs : cat logsx.txt 744906,{"reportingGroups":,"version":"2.0"} 678874,{"reportingGroups":,"version":"2.0"} 193571,{"reportingGroups":,"version":"2.0"} 811537,{"reportingGroups":,"version":"2.0"} 772024,{"reportingGroups":,"version":"2.0"}... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to match and print

I need a script that will search for a string from column 1 in file A and when the string matches the last column in file B, print columns 1, 2 (file A) and columns 2, 3 (file B). input file A stringtomatch1 a stringtomatch2 a stringtomatch3 b file B junkcolumn1 printcolumn2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match string from two files and print line

Hi, I have been trying to find help with my issue and I'm thinking awk may be able to do it. I have two files eg file1.txt STRING1 230 400 0.36 STRING2 400 230 -0.13 STRING3 130 349 1 file2.txt CUFFFLINKS 1 1394 93932 . + STRING1 CUFFFLINKS ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: zward
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search strings from a file in files in a directory recursively; then print the string with a status

Hi All, I hope somebody would be able to help me. I would need to search a string coming from a file, example file.txt: dog cat goat horse fish For every string, I would need to know if there are any files inside a directory(recursively) that contains the string regardless of case.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kokoro
9 Replies
cmdeleteconf(1m)														  cmdeleteconf(1m)

NAME
cmdeleteconf - Delete either the cluster or the package configuration SYNOPSIS
cmdeleteconf [-f] [-v] [-c cluster_name] [[-p package_name]...] DESCRIPTION
cmdeleteconf deletes either the entire cluster configuration, including all its packages, or only the specified package configuration. If neither cluster_name nor package_name is specified, cmdeleteconf will delete the local cluster's configuration and all its packages. If the local node's cluster configuration is outdated, cmdeleteconf without any argument will only delete the local node's configuration. If only the package_name is specified, the configuration of package_name in the local cluster is deleted. If both cluster_name and pack- age_name are specified, the package must be configured in the cluster_name, and only the package package_name will be deleted. cmdelete- conf with only cluster_name specified will delete the entire cluster configuration on all the nodes in the cluster, regardless of the con- figuration version. The local cluster is the cluster that the node running the cmdeleteconf command belongs to. Only a superuser, whose effective user ID is zero (see id(1) and su(1)), can delete the configuration. To delete the cluster configuration, halt the cluster first. To delete a package configuration you must halt the package first, but you do not need to halt the cluster (it may remain up or be brought down). To delete the package VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only), you must first delete all packages with STORAGE_GROUP defined. While deleting the cluster, if any of the cluster nodes are powered down, the user can choose to continue deleting the configuration. In this case, the cluster configuration on the down node will remain in place and, therefore, be out of sync with the rest of the cluster. If the powered-down node ever comes up, the user should execute the cmdeleteconf command with no argument on that node to clean up the config- uration before doing any other Serviceguard command. Options cmdeleteconf supports the following options: -f Force the deletion of either the cluster configuration or the package configuration. -v Verbose output will be displayed. -c cluster_name Name of the cluster to delete. The cluster must be halted already, if intending to delete the cluster. -p package_name Name of an existing package to delete from the cluster. The package must be halted already. There should not be any packages in the cluster with STORAGE_GROUP defined before having a package_name of VxVM-CVM-pkg (HP-UX only). RETURN VALUE
Upon completion, cmdeleteconf returns one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. 1 Command failed. EXAMPLES
The high availability environment contains the cluster, clusterA , and a package, pkg1. To delete package pkg1 in clusterA, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA -p pkg1 To delete the cluster clusterA and all its packages, do the following: cmdeleteconf -f -c clusterA AUTHOR
cmdeleteconf was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
cmcheckconf(1m), cmapplyconf(1m), cmgetconf(1m), cmmakepkg(1m), cmquerycl(1m). Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cmdeleteconf(1m)