Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A nice YT video on A.I
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A nice YT video on A.I Post 303042329 by Neo on Saturday 21st of December 2019 09:43:16 PM
Old 12-21-2019
Hi Ravinder,

What did you find 'nice' about this video?

Please give us some details of your thoughts and some analysis plus your conclusions, if any.

Thanks!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Very Nice

Just a quick message to say great work to Neo and any others who have helped with the upgrade - the layout, appearance and functionality of this forum ROCKS. By far the best I have seen. Excellent! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
1 Replies

2. Programming

nice command and nice() system call

Hi I want to implement the nice command in the shell that I am building. I came to know that there is a corresponding nice() system call for the same. But since I will be forking different processes to run different commands typed on the command prompt, is there any way I can make a command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tejbuch
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

top and nice

Hi, I have two identical 12 CPU HPUX machines, and I run the same processes on each that load the boxes fully. top on one reports activity under the NICE (19%) and SYS (18%) columns, while top on the other reports 0% NICE and 16% SYS. What would cause NICE to be zero on one machine and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBorgia
5 Replies

4. Linux

USB video capture? composite, s-video, etc

does anybody have any experience with any of these composite video to usb devices on linux? usb video capture - Google Product Search would like to get one but a linux newbie and having trouble figuring out if any are ported... i've found lots of things that link to freedesktop.org DisplayLink... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Video Cards :: Video Memory Intercept and Redirect

I need a broad spectrum understanding on this subject, and any help would be greatly appreciated. First of all, as I understand it... The way the video hardware works is the CPU sends information about input and possible changes to the display, the video card receives these changes, makes the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciNG
2 Replies
nice(2) 							   System Calls 							   nice(2)

NAME
nice - change priority of a process SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int nice(int incr); DESCRIPTION
The nice() function allows a process to change its priority. The invoking process must be in a scheduling class that supports the nice(). The nice() function adds the value of incr to the nice value of the calling process. A process's nice value is a non-negative number for which a greater positive value results in lower CPU priority. A maximum nice value of (2 * NZERO) -1 and a minimum nice value of 0 are imposed by the system. NZERO is defined in <limits.h> with a default value of 20. Requests for values above or below these limits result in the nice value being set to the corresponding limit. A nice value of 40 is treated as 39. Calling the nice() function has no effect on the priority of processes or threads with policy SCHED_FIFO or SCHED_RR. Only a process with the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege can lower the nice value. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, nice() returns the new nice value minus NZERO. Otherwise, -1 is returned, the process's nice value is not changed, and errno is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
The nice() function will fail if: EINVAL The nice() function is called by a process in a scheduling class other than time-sharing or fixed-priority. EPERM The incr argument is negative or greater than 40 and the {PRIV_PROC_PRIOCNTL} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. USAGE
The priocntl(2) function is a more general interface to scheduler functions. Since -1 is a permissible return value in a successful situation, an application wishing to check for error situations should set errno to 0, then call nice(), and if it returns -1, check to see if errno is non-zero. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nice(1), exec(2), priocntl(2), getpriority(3C), attributes(5), privileges(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Apr 2004 nice(2)