Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Show faulty shows PS1 faulty
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Show faulty shows PS1 faulty Post 303040467 by z_haseeb on Wednesday 30th of October 2019 01:31:56 AM
Old 10-30-2019
Show faulty shows PS1 faulty

Show faulty shows PS1 faulty-whatsapp-image-2019-10-30-102755-amjpeg
I plugged both power cables in both power supply. When I unplugged each power cable one by one, the SPARC T4-1 machine keep running. However, show faulty command shows below message. (I have also attached the picture of both power supply)

Code:
-> show faulty
Target                                    | Property                                         | Value
------------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------
/SP/faultmgmt/0                           | fru                                              | /SYS/PS1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | class                                            | fault.chassis.power.fail
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | sunw-msg-id                                      | SPT-8000-MJ
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | component                                        | /SYS/PS1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | uuid                                             | c2885a5d-06b7-6bfd-9072-d9a18e399636
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | timestamp                                        | 2019-10-29/04:47:03
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | fru_part_number                                  | 300-2235-03
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | fru_serial_number                                | B70104
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | fru_manufacturer                                 | Delta Electronics
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_manufacturer                              | Oracle Corporation
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_name                                      | SPARC T4-1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_part_number                               | 31940932+4+1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_serial_number                             | AK00118201
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | chassis_manufacturer                             | Oracle Corporation
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | chassis_name                                     | SPARC T4-1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | chassis_part_number                              | 31940932+4+1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | chassis_serial_number                            | AK00118201
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_component_manufacturer                    | Oracle Corporation
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_component_name                            | SPARC T4-1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_component_part_number                     | 31940932+4+1
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | system_component_serial_number                   | AK00118201
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | detector                                         | /SYS/PS1/PWROK
/SP/faultmgmt/0/faults/0                  | diagnosis_engine                                 | fdd 1.0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Faulty PSU - but its still working !?!

Hello We have a power supply in an x4100 (x86) and it seems to be faulty but it is still working!?! (this box only has one PSU). We are getting Orange flashing warning light on the front of the box and the LED labelled “rear PSu” is solid orange ...We don't seem to have had any syslog error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

2. AIX

Removing Faulty Disk SSA

Hi Experts, I have configured A D40 Array. There is an faulty disk which is not part of an raid volume but shows fault in the diagnostics. pdisk15 U0.1-P1-I1/Q1-W40AA83CC2400D SSA160 Physical Disk Drive ( MB) Is there a way to stop this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vuppala360
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Replacing a faulty volume

Hi All, I replace a sub-mirror of a mirrored volume by using below command: #metadetach d10(mirror) d11(striped) #metattach d10 d13(other striped) With above process I successfully replaced a faulty volume. I want to knoow if the process I followed is right. Or if not, what... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
5 Replies

4. Solaris

fmadm faulty output

Hi everyone, I wanted to ask a question about fmadm and explorer outputs. Recently found out that an error shows up in fmadm saying "mb is faulty but still in service" so we took an explorer send to Oracle Support. Error led wasn't on but we didn't want to risk the probability. They came up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Help with faulty Disk on Sun OS

Hi, Recently i came across a disk that seems to be faulty and need help. I have gathered some information by running below commands and any help on how to solve this will be great. # uname –a SunOS XYZ 5.7 Generic_106541-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4 #df -k Filesystem kbytes used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Remove faulty disk LV from VG

Hi, Have mirrored the primary disk to 3 . Server and OS: # uname -a HP-UX pdwp1s B.11.11 U 9000/800 118434630 unlimited-user license # model 9000/800/L3000-7x # strings /etc/lvmtab /dev/vg00 +F@< /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t2d0 /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 But now I have only 1 disk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

FAULTY DISK replacement HP rx4640

Hello, I'm new to this forum and as you will see from my question I'm new to UNIX as well. One of our costumers has HP rx4640 running on UNIX with two 300GB hot-swappable disks that are mirrored. They reported to us that one of the disks is faulty and they want us to take care of it. Below is... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjk
16 Replies

8. Solaris

Is it possible to set a PSU as faulty on Solaris

Hi, I'm trying to generate an alert related to Power Supply Failure. As its difficult to generate such an event, Is it possible to set the status of a Power Supply Unit as "Faulty" Any ideas are welcome and highly appreciated -Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justsam
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

HBA card faulty

Hi, How to determine if HBA card in getting faulty from linux host ? any pointers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

10. Hardware

Faulty parts in a frame

Hello, Following parts need to be replaced in a frame as suggested by IBM 1. Flexible Cable 2. Service Processor Card Would these faulty parts impact all lpars which are there in this frame? Best regards, Vishal (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
5 Replies
GIT-REVERT(1)							    Git Manual							     GIT-REVERT(1)

NAME
git-revert - Revert some existing commits SYNOPSIS
git revert [--[no-]edit] [-n] [-m parent-number] [-s] <commit>... git revert --continue git revert --quit git revert --abort DESCRIPTION
Given one or more existing commits, revert the changes that the related patches introduce, and record some new commits that record them. This requires your working tree to be clean (no modifications from the HEAD commit). Note: git revert is used to record some new commits to reverse the effect of some earlier commits (often only a faulty one). If you want to throw away all uncommitted changes in your working directory, you should see git-reset(1), particularly the --hard option. If you want to extract specific files as they were in another commit, you should see git-checkout(1), specifically the git checkout <commit> -- <filename> syntax. Take care with these alternatives as both will discard uncommitted changes in your working directory. OPTIONS
<commit>... Commits to revert. For a more complete list of ways to spell commit names, see gitrevisions(7). Sets of commits can also be given but no traversal is done by default, see git-rev-list(1) and its --no-walk option. -e, --edit With this option, git revert will let you edit the commit message prior to committing the revert. This is the default if you run the command from a terminal. -m parent-number, --mainline parent-number Usually you cannot revert a merge because you do not know which side of the merge should be considered the mainline. This option specifies the parent number (starting from 1) of the mainline and allows revert to reverse the change relative to the specified parent. Reverting a merge commit declares that you will never want the tree changes brought in by the merge. As a result, later merges will only bring in tree changes introduced by commits that are not ancestors of the previously reverted merge. This may or may not be what you want. See the revert-a-faulty-merge How-To[1] for more details. --no-edit With this option, git revert will not start the commit message editor. -n, --no-commit Usually the command automatically creates some commits with commit log messages stating which commits were reverted. This flag applies the changes necessary to revert the named commits to your working tree and the index, but does not make the commits. In addition, when this option is used, your index does not have to match the HEAD commit. The revert is done against the beginning state of your index. This is useful when reverting more than one commits' effect to your index in a row. -s, --signoff Add Signed-off-by line at the end of the commit message. --strategy=<strategy> Use the given merge strategy. Should only be used once. See the MERGE STRATEGIES section in git-merge(1) for details. -X<option>, --strategy-option=<option> Pass the merge strategy-specific option through to the merge strategy. See git-merge(1) for details. SEQUENCER SUBCOMMANDS
--continue Continue the operation in progress using the information in .git/sequencer. Can be used to continue after resolving conflicts in a failed cherry-pick or revert. --quit Forget about the current operation in progress. Can be used to clear the sequencer state after a failed cherry-pick or revert. --abort Cancel the operation and return to the pre-sequence state. EXAMPLES
git revert HEAD~3 Revert the changes specified by the fourth last commit in HEAD and create a new commit with the reverted changes. git revert -n master~5..master~2 Revert the changes done by commits from the fifth last commit in master (included) to the third last commit in master (included), but do not create any commit with the reverted changes. The revert only modifies the working tree and the index. SEE ALSO
git-cherry-pick(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. revert-a-faulty-merge How-To file:///usr/share/doc/git-1.8.3.1/howto/revert-a-faulty-merge.txt Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-REVERT(1)