Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Metastat shows state needs maintenance Post 303037779 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 13th of August 2019 09:21:56 AM
Old 08-13-2019
Hmmmmm........the fact that you can post the output that you have seems to indicate that the system is "on its feet" but the mirrors need maintenance because although your storage team migrated the filesystems (by whatever means), they weren't able to make the metadb coherent with the new legs of each mirror. I would think that you might be able to detach/reattach the mirror of each one.

@gull04.........what do you think?
This User Gave Thanks to hicksd8 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SVM metastat -- needs maintenance

Running Solaris 9 with SVM. I'm not that familiar with it, but metastat output gives "needs maintenance" message on 2 of the mirrors. There are no errors in /var/adm/messages. What do I need to do to fix this error? Thanks. (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
14 Replies

2. Solaris

Help on metastat

hi all, can someone pls pass on your suggestion? Firs thing I am testing a script which checks for the pattern 'Needs Maintenance' from metastat output and prints some messages in the screen. So i need to simulate an error in mirrored disk for metastat to give this message 'Needs Maintenance'.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srirammad007
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Softpartition State: Errored in Command MetaStat

Hi people, I have on problem when execute the command METASTAT... d60: Soft Partition Device: d10 State: Errored Size: 12582912 blocks (6.0 GB) Someone help me? Thank you very much (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: denisgomes
4 Replies

4. Solaris

both mirrors in needs maintenance state.

Hi, Ii am facing the belwo problem: d50: Mirror Submirror 0: d30 State: Needs maintenance Submirror 1: d40 State: Needs maintenance Pass: 1 Read option: roundrobin (default) Write option: parallel (default) Size: 212176648 blocks (101 GB) d30:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Metastat shows "maintenance" and "last-erred"

Hi All, Sorry to post a problem for my first post but I'm in a bit of a pickle at the minute! I have an Ultra45 connected to a Storedge 3100 series, 2 internal, 2 external disks with a db application running on the external disks. Now everything is working fine and we've had no downtime or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheSteed
4 Replies

6. Solaris

How to clear maintenance state for apache2 server?

Can any one of you suggest me the method to get apache server in online from maintenance mode. I tried in the following way, but couldn't get that service to online. bash-3.00# svcs -a | grep apache legacy_run 9:51:55 lrc:/etc/rc3_d/S50apache offline 9:51:22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sesha
3 Replies

7. Solaris

metastat |grep Needs

Dear, Required an script such that : If metastat |grep Needs , results in some output then this command to be executed for the same : opcmsg object=metastat a=OS msg_grp=OpC severity=critical msg_text="Need maintenance for the system $line" With regards, Mjoshi (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
3 Replies

8. Solaris

svcs command shows the state as disabled

Hi I need to export a directory named /sybase from my solaris machine via NFS. The svcs command shows the state as disabled. Please let me know how to export the directory. Once the directory is exported from the solaris machine it has to be mounted locally in an aix machine. Can some one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

9. AIX

Open firmware state to running state

Hi Admins, I am having a whole system lpar in open firmware state on HMC. How can I bring it to running state ? Let me know. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

10. Solaris

SSH : Restarting too quickly, changing state to maintenance

Hi, I'm new to Solaris. I have an issue with ssh service. When I restart the service it exits with an exit status of 0 $svcadm restart svc:/network/ssh:default $echo $? 0 $ However, the service goes into maintenance mode after restart. I'm able to connect even though the service is in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
3 Replies
metaoffline(1M) 					  System Administration Commands					   metaoffline(1M)

NAME
metaoffline, metaonline - place submirrors offline and online SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/metaoffline -h /usr/sbin/metaoffline [-s setname] [-f] mirror submirror /usr/sbin/metaonline -h /usr/sbin/metaonline [-s setname] mirror submirror DESCRIPTION
The metaoffline command prevents Solaris Volume Manager from reading and writing to the submirror that has been taken offline. While the submirror is offline, all writes to the mirror will be kept track of (by region) and will be written when the submirror is brought back online. The metaoffline command can also be used to perform online backups: one submirror is taken offline and backed up while the mirror remains accessible. (However, if this is a two-way mirror, data redundancy is lost while one submirror is offline.) The metaoffline command differs from the metadetach command because it does not sever the logical association between the submirror and the mirror. To completely remove a submirror from a mirror, use the metadetach command. A submirror that has been taken offline will only remain offline until the metaonline command is invoked or the system is rebooted. When the metaonline command is used, reading from and writing to the submirror resumes. A resync is automatically invoked to resync the regions written while the submirror was offline. Writes are directed to the submirror during resync. Reads, however, will come from a dif- ferent submirror. Once the resync operation completes, reads and writes are performed on that submirror. The metaonline command is only effective on a submirror of a mirror that has been taken offline. The metaoffline and metaonline commands can not be used on RAID 1 volumes in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. A submirror that has been taken offline with the metaoffline command can only be mounted as read-only. OPTIONS
Root privileges are required for all of the following options except -h. -f Forces offlining of submirrors that have slices requiring maintenance. -h Displays usage message. -s setname Specifies the name of the diskset on which metaoffline and metaonline will work. Using the -s option will cause the command to perform its administrative function within the specified diskset. Without this option, the command will perform its func- tion on local metadevices. mirror Specifies the metadevice name of the mirror from which the submirror will be either taken offline or put online. submirror Specifies the metadevice name of the submirror to be either taken offline or put online. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Taking a Submirror Offline This example takes one submirror, mymirror_sub1, offline from mirror mymirror. # metaoffline mymirror mymirror_sub1 EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWmdu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metaset(1M), metassist(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.tab(4), md.cf(4), mddb.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) NOTES
The metaonline and metaoffline commands are not applicable to mirrors in application-based recovery (ABR) mode. SunOS 5.11 26 Mar 2006 metaoffline(1M)