Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Climate change anyone?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Climate change anyone? Post 303035371 by Peasant on Wednesday 22nd of May 2019 12:09:06 PM
Old 05-22-2019
Unfortunately, as i see it, climate change is, so to say, a done deal.

We can only amend and prepare for the upcoming and current consequences of changes we caused.
Things are moving, but to slow, chained by infinite layers of bureaucracy and responsibility shifting.

A change in <insert industry> which will benefit the environment but lower the profit, we shall postpone, give time, adjust, consult, sue ...

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

How to change ip ?

hi , Is there anyway to change ip on sco5.04 i tried using netconfig on the prompt but gives me error . how do u manually change ip cant use acoadmin and netconfig .... thx art (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: art_malabanan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change 43% to 43.5

I have a column in % and I want to display it as a one decimal place number for sorting - what function would I be looking at for dropping the % sign? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
2 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

change

bh,lg.yu.,fgh,ry,.tyl,tyk,ty,ty,ty,. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankycool
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the content of files but not change the date

I have 100 files in a directory , all the files have a word "error" and they are created in different date . Now I would like to change the word from "error" to "warning" , and keep the date of the files ( that means do not change the file creation date after change the word ) , can advise what can... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
7 Replies

7. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
tcphashsz(5)							File Formats Manual						      tcphashsz(5)

NAME
tcphashsz - determines the size of the networking hash tables VALUES
Failsafe Default Allowed values Recommended values A value of 0 (default) will adjust the in proportion to the number of cores in the system. If is set to a non zero value, it should be specified as a power of two. Otherwise, it will be rounded down to the nearest power of two. DESCRIPTION
This variable is used to set the size of the networking hash tables. HP recommends that the value of be set to 0 so that the system can choose an optimal value. A system that is going to have a large number of connections on it all of the time may see some benefit of increasing this value, beyond the number determined by the system. If this tunable is not set to zero, then it needs to be a power of two. If it is not specified as a power of two, then it is rounded down to the nearest power of two. If this tunable is set in the range of 1 to 255, then it will be increased to 256. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Anyone. Restrictions on Changing Changes to this tunable take effect at the next reboot. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This value may be raised in the case of a machine with a large number of connections that last for an extended period of time. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? More memory is used when this value is raised. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? If a system is tight on memory and it has just a few connections on it, then lowering the value may reclaim some memory. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? If is set too low, the system will have long hash chains which will slow it down. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. Tunable Kernel Parameters tcphashsz(5)