Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034932 by Neo on Thursday 9th of May 2019 11:51:46 AM
Old 05-09-2019
UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7607
  • Solved race condition when page is first mounted() by delaying getHereNow() by 3 seconds.

Could have been 2 to 5 seconds, so I compromised at 3 seconds:

Code:
async mounted() {
    setTimeout(this.getHereNow, 3000);
   // ...
}

Hey Craig,

What's the best way to keep the user's chat session alive (from a presence perspective) when they are just lurking and watching but not interacting?

Do I just set the initial presenceTimeout > 300, say 600 or maybe even 1200 seconds?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
showmount(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      showmount(8)

NAME
showmount - Shows remote NFS compatible mounts on a host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-adeT] [-t nnn] [host] FLAGS
Lists all mount points in the form: hostname:dirpath. In this form, hostname is the name of a client that has remotely mounted a directory from an NFS server, and dirpath is the directory that has been mounted. Lists only directories that have been remotely mounted by clients. Shows host's exports list. Specifies an infinite timeout. The default timeout value is 25 seconds. Specifies a timeout value, in sec- onds. The default timeout value is 25 seconds. The default value for host is the current hostname. DESCRIPTION
The showmount command shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default, it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted from the server host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC1094, Appendix A for a detailed description of the protocol. NOTES
The mountd daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only dis- play the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. The default timeout value of 25 seconds can be too brief to read and verify an export list. If you receive timeout messages when using the showmount -e command, use either the -T or the -t options to increase the timeout value. FILES
Specifies the command path Contains a table of local file systems mounted by remote NFS clients RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: mount(8) Daemons: mountd(8) Files: mountdtab(4) delim off showmount(8)