Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? PubNub Live Chat Beta Testing Post 303034814 by pubnubcraig on Tuesday 7th of May 2019 11:26:51 AM
Old 05-07-2019
Feedback on PubNub issues/code

Neo -

If you are actually using the demo keys, you have two things that are different than the key sets you get in your own PubNub Account:
  1. demo keys have a tight publish throttling setting
  2. demo keys have a 30s long poll setting instead of the default 280s
Code:
var pubnub = new PubNub({
        subscribeKey: "demo",
        publishKey: "demo",
        ssl: true,
        keepAlive: true,
        // heartbeatInterval: 10,
        presenceTimeout: 300,
        restore: true,
        uuid: vbchat
    });

Minor feedback
  • keepAlive likely as no effect on browser connections so this only makes sense in Node apps and IIRC, it is default enabled.
  • presenceTimeout : 300 is default so that can be removed
  • heartbeatInterval : 10 will cause a presence heartbeat API to happen every 10s, so keep that commented out

Inquiries
debounce(this.getHereNow, 300, false);
  1. How often is debounce called and what does it do?
  2. What does the "300" and the "false" paremeters mean?

Would like to see the app running to investigate further.

Cheers
Craig
This User Gave Thanks to pubnubcraig For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Live Chat For Solaris?

Does anyone know of any online live chat discussion groups for Solaris? If so, please let me know... Thanks! Rob Sandifer (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

A Quick Video Overview of PubNub Live Chat @UNIX.com (version 0.7614)

A number of people have asked me to make some videos, so I just got my first condenser microphone and so I can make some amateurish screen casts. I will try to do better in the future. A quick overview of PubNub Live Chat @unix.com The video is best is you set the Quality to HD 1080. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Live Chat (Alpha) in UserCP SF 0.7517

Interesting.... I am still working on the kinks for Live Chat here at unix.com using a publish-subscribe API from PubNub. Two days ago while working on it, a new user joined the live chat and asked about how to post a new thread in the forum. Then today, one of the members of the PubNub team... (23 Replies)
23 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates

Update: UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7641 - Changed Live Chat to Live Updates In this version of the UserCP, I have changed "Live Chat" to "Live Updates" by disabling the ability to post in the "live chat" area and changed the name to "Live Updates" The reason for this change is that experienced... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
mdimport(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       mdimport(1)

NAME
mdimport, mdimport32 -- import file hierarchies into the metadata datastore. SYNOPSIS
mdimport [-VXLArgn] [-d level | category] [-w delay] file | directory mdimport32 [-VXLArgn] [-d level | category] [-w delay] file | directory DESCRIPTION
mdimport is used to test Spotlight plug-ins, list the installed plug-ins and schema, and re-index files handled by a plug-in when a new plug- in is installed. mdimport32 is used in exactly the same way, but for 32 bit plugins. The following options are available: -g plugin Load the plugin at the provided path, ignoring system installed plugins. Useful for testing plugins that have not yet been installed. -V Print timing information for this run of mdimport. -A Print out the list of all of the attributes and their localizations in the current language and exit. -X Print the schema file and exit -r Ask the server to reimport files for UTIs claimed by the listed plugin. For example, the following would cause all of the chat files on the system to be reimported: mdimport -r /System/Library/Spotlight/Chat.mdimporter -p Print out performance information gathered during the run. -L Print the list of installed importers and exit. -d level Print debugging information. Level can be 1-4. -n Don't actually set the attributes on the file. Useful for debugging. -w msecs Wait for the specified interval between scanning files. NOTES
The -f switch is obsolete in Leopard and beyond. SEE ALSO
mdfind(1), mdutil(1), mdls(1) Mac OS X Oct 27, 2004 Mac OS X