Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Mysql installation - Operation not permitted Post 303034510 by RudiC on Saturday 27th of April 2019 04:42:33 PM
Old 04-27-2019
Do you have additional security layers installed, e.g. SELinux? Post the result of ls -la /etc/mysql.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Operation not permitted" when copying directories

I'm kicking Unix questions out like Bruce Lee. So I'm copying a directory of files, in each directory I inevitablly get this: I get that for usually the same set of directories/files in each folder. Is there a way to override this when copying files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
4 Replies

2. Programming

pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static?

Hello, I am trying to port some testtools we wrote from solaris to redhat linux(AMD64). If I link dynamic, set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH, everything runs fine. If I try to link static, the pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" (error code 1). Does anybody have an idea where to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micky
1 Replies

3. Linux

MySQL python installation

Hi I am using CentOS 4 machine..trying to install MySQL for python to setup a boinc project.. During the building process I am getting this error..I have even set the LD_lIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib where the libmysqlclient.so file is present.. ./python -E ./setup.py build ./python: error... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Gayathrirri
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot utime: Operation not permitted

Hi - I have a script (.ksh) which has been transferred from one Linux box to another. Basically it untars a file a deploys the code to the relevent directories. It is failing with ' Cannot utime: Operation not permitted' When I run the command by hand it *is* doing the untar to the directories... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
1 Replies

5. Linux

failed to preserve ownership operation not permitted

Hi i have written one backup script in linux workstation.The backup script will do zipping files and moved to the backup directory(i,e /net/ts-bcn/sb_backup/sand). #So while moving zipped files to the backup directory i am getting some error like this error:mv:failed to preserve ownership... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogks
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX5.3--vmount: Operation not permitted

Hi all, iam unable to mount exported directory hari on AIX 5.3, which was in RedHat Linux As4. Linux-server AIX -client I am facing errors of bash-3.00# mount -n linuxas4 /hari /hari mount: 1831-008 giving up on: linuxas4:/hari vmount: Operation not permitted. Pl any body... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: haribabu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chown: Operation not permitted as root

Hi Expert, I am trying to change ownership of one file to another user that is exist in the system but getting operation not permitted error what could be the correct way? # ls -lh .Xauthority_ori -rw------- 1 maxim atlas 2.8K Jul 27 17:18 .Xauthority_ori # id -a uid=0(root)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

mv warning set owner/group: Operation not permitted

Hi, Thanks for looking into this. I am running into below situation in free BSD. I have a file in /tmp/sample.txt with owner as 'xyz' and group as 'wheel' I am moving it to my home dir/newsample.txt whihc has owner 'xyz', but group 'someother' with below command, getting warning, but it is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramanaraoeee
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need command for mysql installation

Hi All, I want to install mysql on my server but i dont have root access when i have tried to install this MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm using the command rpm -ivh MySQL-client-3.3.15-3.rhel5.x24_74.rpm getting error error: can't create transaction lock on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
0 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Mysql apache installation

on ubuntu lamp server how to install mysql and apache? any instructions? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinathk
1 Replies
zap(1)								  MySQL database							    zap(1)

NAME
zap - a perl script used to kill processes USAGE
/usr/bin/mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern SYNOPSIS
zap [-I|-?] [-f] [-t] DESCRIPTION
zap supports by executing -I|-? info -f force -t test NOTE
If -f isn't given, ask user for confirmation for each process to kill. If signal isn't given, try first with signal 15 and after that with signal 9. If -t is given the processes is only shown on stdout. SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqlaccess(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privi- lege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no war- ranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercurme- dia.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 zap(1)