Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Documentation on T5-4 Domain Configuration ? Post 303034356 by samthewildone on Tuesday 23rd of April 2019 09:32:09 PM
Old 04-23-2019
Documentation on T5-4 Domain Configuration ?

In time I will be rebuilding a T5-4 which currently hosts S10 and S11.

I'm unable to find any documentation on managing, configuring -> installing solaris on domains. Even through
My Oracle Support, wasn't able to locate any useful documentation except diagrams of the server.

Unless my search terminology isn't "valid", some help would be nice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

AIX 3.2.5 Documentation

I'm looking for books or online documentation for writing device drivers for AIX 3.2.5. I've searched IBM's website and google and come up with next to nothing. There is plenty of information for 4.1 and above but virtually nothing for 3.2.5. I'm specifically interested in porting one of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cejoe
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun Domain configuration

How can i configure domain in sun E10k server. Domain configuration is done in ok prompt or OS's command line. I read the manuals for configuring Domain from docs.sun.com. Still i have confusion in the domain configuration. Anyone have any documents for domain configuration means plz send me..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthulingaraja
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

df command documentation

how can i find a comprehensive documentation about df command of unix? (more detailed than unix man pages) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

5. Solaris

need LDAP documentation

Dear Members, 1- i need good documentation for LDAP installation, configuration 2- you recommeddation using LDAP under linux or solaris which is more easy for administration 3- is that possible to make integration between and LDAP and any email server like qmail (like windows active directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hosney00ux
3 Replies

6. Programming

libxml2 documentation

i need to read/write a xml file in c i found libxml2, but the documentation is awfull, im using google but i get most of vb, or c# results can anyone point me to a introduction tutorial? actually, any kind of documentation would be ok (just not the oficial The XML C parser and toolkit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: broli
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with documentation

I have a list of file names Set Lst = "n02-z30-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run2.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run3.log n02-z50-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z50-3x2drw-run2.log" So basically I have the files below n02-z30-3x2drw-run1.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run2.log n02-z30-3x2drw-run3.log ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP-UX 10.20 Documentation

I'm trying to find the 10.20 documentation online. I found some stuff at g4u0420c.houston.hp.com but these are pretty poor scans some of them being almost unreadable - for example: http://g4u0420c.houston.hp.com/en/B1171-90076/B1171-90076.pdf which is a scan of a DRAFT version of the X... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perdrix
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Configuration:Hostname/Domain Name Doubts

I have a RHEL server where I want to create a mail server so I can send myself alerts whenever X process have problems. Disclaimer: Im a programmer thats been forced to do IT. So I'm trying my best here. The problem: While configuring Postfix it asks for $myhostname which apparently must be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS - domain controller configuration (SAMBA)

Hello! Never configured a Linux server from a scratch. Reviewed the official documentation and dozens of different "how to", but now one of them helped me to solve the issue. The need: My final goal is to install a small network (later with around 10 stations) where I can controle the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AQwert
0 Replies
ypbind(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 ypbind(8)

NAME
ypbind - NIS binding process SYNOPSIS
ypbind [ -c ] [ -d|-debug ] [ -broadcast ] [ -broken-server ] [ -ypset ] [ -ypsetme ] [ -no-ping ] [ -f configfile ] ypbind --version DESCRIPTION
ypbind finds the server for NIS domains and maintains the NIS binding information. The client (normaly the NIS routines in the standard C library) could get the information over RPC from ypbind or read the binding files. The binding files resides in the directory /var/yp/bind- ing and are conventionally named [domainname].[version]. The supported versions are 1 and 2. There could be several such files since it is possible for an NIS client to be bound to more then one domain. After a binding has been established, ypbind will send YPPROC_DOMAIN requests to the current NIS server at 20 seconds intervals. If it doesn't get an response or the NIS server tells that he doesn't has this domain any longer, ypbind will search a new NIS server. All 15 minutes ypbind will check, if the current NIS server is the fastest. If it find a server which answers faster, it will switch to this server. You could tell ypbind to use network broadcasts to find a new server, what is insecure, or you could give it a list of known, secure servers. In this case ypbind will send a ping to all server and binds to first one which answers. Unless the option -debug is used, ypbind detaches itself from the controlling terminal and puts itself into background. ypbind uses for logging errors and warnings. At startup or when receiving signal SIGHUP, ypbind parses the file /etc/yp.conf and tries to use the entries for its initial binding. Valid entries are domain nisdomain server hostname Use server hostname for the domain nisdomain. You could have more then one entry of this type for a single domain. domain nisdomain broadcast Use broadcast on the local net for domain nisdomain. ypserver hostname Use server server for the local domain. A broadcast entry in the configuration file will overwrite a ypserver/server entry and a ypserver/server entry broadcast. If all given server are down, ypbind will not switch to use broadcast. ypbind will try at first /etc/hosts and then DNS for resolving the hosts names from /etc/yp.conf. If ypbind couldn't reconfigure the search order, it will use only DNS. If DNS isn't available, you could only use IP- addresses in /etc/hosts. ypbind could only reconfigure the search order with glibc 2.x. If the -broadcast option is specified, ypbind will ignore the configuration file. If the file does not exist or if there are no valid entries, ypbind exit. This ypbind is a special version which uses pthreads. It will start 2 more threads. The master process services RPC requests asking for binding info. The first thread initializes the binding and checks it periodically. Upon failure, the binding is invalidated and the process tries again to find a valid server. The second thread will handle all the signals. OPTIONS
-broadcast Send a broadcast to request the information needed to bind to a specific NIS server. With this option, /etc/yp.conf will be ignored. -ypset Allow root from any remote machine to change the binding for a domain via the ypset(8) command. By default, no one can change the binding. This option is really insecure. If you change a binding for a domain, all the current known servers for this domain will be forgotten. If the new server goes down, ypbind will use the old searchlist. -ypsetme The same as -ypset, but only root on the local machine is allowed to chang the binding. Such requests are only allowd from loopback. -c ypbind only checks if the config file has syntax errors and exits. -debug starts ypbind in debug mode. ypbind will not put itself into background, and error messages and debug output are written to stan- dard error. -broken-server lets ypbind accept answers from servers running on an illegal port number. This should usually be avoided, but is required by some ypserv(8) versions. -no-ping ypbind will not check if the binding is alive. This option is for use with dialup connections to prevent ypbind from keeping the connection unnessecarily open or causing autodials. -f configfile ypbind will use configfile and not /etc/yp.conf --version Prints the version number NOTES
Binding to multiple domains is tested and works. Load sharing between multiple servers for a single domain is not supported. ypbind will always try to bind a domain to a server. If there is no valid server in the list or answers to a broadcast, the domain is unbounded. FILES
/etc/yp.conf configuration file. /var/yp/binding/[domainname].[version] binding file containing information about each NIS domain. /var/run/ypbind.pid contains the process id of the currently running ypbind master process. SEE ALSO
syslog(3), domainname(1), ypdomainname(8), ypwhich(1), ypserv(8), ypset(8) AUTHOR
ypbind-mt was written by Thorsten Kukuk <kukuk@suse.de>. ypbind-mt Version 1.11 April 2002 ypbind(8)