Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk on csv files
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers awk on csv files Post 303034113 by zozoo on Thursday 18th of April 2019 11:01:45 AM
Old 04-18-2019
Thank you Smilie it worked ,my Bad Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

csv files (with quoted commas) and awk

I have a file as follows: 1,"This is field 2",3,4,5 2,"This is field 2 it can contain one , comma",3,4,5 3,"This is field 2 it also, can, contain, more",3,4,5 4,"This is field 2 without extra commas",3,4,5 and i pass this through to awk: awk -F, ' { if (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cranie
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

validation of data using filter (awk or other that works...) in csv files

Hello People I have the following file.csv: date,string,float,number,boolean 20080303,abc,1.5,123,Y 20080304,abc,1.2,345,N 20080229,nvh,1.4,098,Y 20080319,ugy,1.9,586,N 20080315,gyh,2.4,345,Y 20080316,erf,3.1,932,N I need to filter the date field where I have a data bigger than I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rafael.Buria
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing awk script to read csv files and split them

Hi Here is my script that calls my awk script #!/bin/bash set -x dir="/var/local/dsx/csv" testfile="$testfile" while getopts " f: " option do case $option in f ) testfile="$OPTARG";; esac; done ./scriptFile --testfile=$testfile >> $dir/$testfile.csv It calls my awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to give multiple csv files as input in awk

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting..My problem is i want to give multiple csv files as input to awk script and process the data into one file.. My input file is File1 File2 File3 Product Location Period SalesPrice A x 8/11/2010 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvth
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge 2 csv files with awk

I have 2 files pipe delimted and want to merge them based on a key e.g file 1 123$aaa$yyy$zzz 345$xab$yzy$zyz 456$sss$ttt$foo 799$aaa$ggg$dee file 2 123$hhh 345$ddd 456$xxx 888$zzz so if the key is the first field, and the result should be the common key between file 1 and 2 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: loloAix
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to match CSV files with duplicate patterns

Dear awk users, I am trying to use awk to match records across two moderately large CSV files. File1 is a pattern file with 173,200 lines, many of which are repeated. The order in which these lines are displayed is important, and I would like to preserve it. File2 is a data file with 456,000... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: isuewing
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between two csv files in UNIX

Hi, I am new to awk/unix and am trying to put together an awk script to perform an action similar to vlookup between the two csv files. Here are the contents of the two files: File 1: Date,ParentID,Number,Area,Volume,Dimensions 2014-01-01,ABC,247,83430.33,857.84,8110.76... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prit Siv
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter using awk in CSV files

Hello Gentlemen, Finding difficulties to play with my Input files:confused: . Your guidance will certainly help as always. After converting to csv file from XLSM file, I am getting some extra ""(double quote) characters which I want to terminate inside shell script and process it further. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk assistance - Comparing 2 csv files

Hello all, I have searched high and low for a solution to this, many have come really close but not quite what I'm after. I have 2 files. One contains GUID's, for example: 8121E002-96FE-4C9C-BC5A-6AFF20DACECD 84468F30-F3B7-418B-81F0-0908E80792BF A second file, contains a path to the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies
medstat(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       medstat(1M)

NAME
medstat - check the status of mediator hosts for a given diskset SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/medstat [-q] -s setname DESCRIPTION
If a specified diskset has been configured for mediators, medstat attempts to contact these hosts to see if they are accessible and returns the results of the communication. OPTIONS
-q This optional argument disables the printing of informative text. When used with -q, medstat still prints error messages and returns a result code. -s setname Specifies the name of a diskset on which medstat will work. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Checking diskset This example checks the mediator hosts for the selected diskset. # medstat -s relo-red The name of the diskset is relo-red. The medstat command prints the status for each mediator host. Additionally, if the mediator quorum is met, either through a ``golden'' mediator host or because half+1 of the mediator hosts respond, the exit code is 0. If the quorum is not met, then the exit code is 1. If no mediator hosts have been configured for the named diskset, the exit code is 2. The status field will contain one of the following values: Unreachable, Bad, Fatal, or Ok, where Unreachable indicates an RPC/communication problem, Bad indi- cates an error in the mediator data, Fatal indicates any other error condition, and Ok indicates no error conditions. FILES
/etc/lvm/meddb Contains the mediator data for a host that has been selected as a mediator host. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWmdu | |Interface Stability Evolving | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metareplace(1M), meta- root(1M), metaset(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.cf(4), md.tab(4), mddb.cf(4), meddb(4), mediator(7D) Sun Cluster documentation, Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide NOTES
This command is designed for use in the high availability product. SunOS 5.11 18 Jan 2001 medstat(1M)