Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing. Post 303033905 by alvinoo on Saturday 13th of April 2019 10:12:07 PM
Old 04-13-2019
XFCE Desktop - trash, cannot execute file, command prompt here missing.

Hi there,

I am using the xfce4 is already the newest version (4.12.5).
thunar is already the newest version (1.8.4-1).
The distribution is Linux kali 4.19.0-kali1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.13-1kali1 (2019-01-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux

However, the problem is:
When I when I click on any program to execute, it will show things like;

Code:
Failed to run "<insert program name here>"

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

2ndly, when I right click, create document here, or create folder here, nothing shows up on the desktop itself.

Any help will be appreciate.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a UNIX script from DOS prompt.

Hello, I m trying to execute a UNIX task from windows, I am copying few csv files from UNIX platform to my windows using a bat file like the txt file is as follows : open 172.21.13.239 root root lcd C:\Documents and Settings\aparna_sharma\Desktop\Trunk_Analysis cd /opt/Trunk_Analysis/... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_aparna
24 Replies

2. HP-UX

how to execute script from my desktop windows xp to my HPUX server?

Good day, i would like to get some advice, how will i execute my script in hp ux servers, and how to configure rsh and rexec. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute shell file on DOS prompt

I have installed cygwin on my computer having windows 2003 server as operating system. The following command works fine on DOS console: bash launch_update.sh Is there any way, that i could run the above shell file, just by typing its name on DOS prompt, in the same way as batch files are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmunir
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send working command to a specified file or desktop

Hi Is there any way to save the command using on the terminal to a specified file with out typing it in a word. for ex. awk '{print $1)' input.txt Is it possible to save (in wordpad or microsoftword) and send the text of the command "awk '{print $1)' input.txt" to a targetted file in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

5. Linux

File missing from desktop

I was using Fedora 9 with Gnome Desktop environment. I forgot my root password so I tried to recover the root's password by single user login at bootloader. I am able to login now. But some folders on my desktop are missing. So is there any mean by which I can recover my files on folder? :mad: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

6. Linux

Desktop file missing

I was using Fedora 9 with Gnome Desktop environment. I forgot my root password so I tried to recover the root's password by single user login at bootloader. I am able to login now. But some folders on my desktop are missing. So is there any mean by which I can recover my files on folder? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Giving a name to a Terminal in "Xfce" desktop environment

Hi, I work noramly with 3/4/5 Terminals (not xterms) open. In the different Terminal I set different tools (software). Unfortunately I loose easily the overview of all these Terminals. Which setup is in which Terminal? It would be nice to have a possibility to name Termianls. By the way I work... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hooge789
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

MKS KORN SHELL WONT EXECUTE from windows command prompt

Can anybody help me with this small script , the script works fine and launches the IE from c:\documents and settings \test\my documents>ksh prompt $RunURL1.sh this scitpt works and launches the ie from ksh , but when i schedule it to run the script then i get the error box saying command:1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

GNOME Desktop - Setting missing from dconf-editor?

Hello All, Last night I installed OpenSuSE 12.1 (i586) on a HP Mini 110 laptop. And I selected GNOME as my Desktop during install... So I was trying to customize some things about the desktop, for example adding the Maximize/Minimize/Close options to the titlebar of a window. I did this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies
GVFS-TRASH(1)							   User Commands						     GVFS-TRASH(1)

NAME
gvfs-trash - Move files or directories to the trash SYNOPSIS
gvfs-trash [OPTION...] [LOCATION...] DESCRIPTION
gvfs-trash sends files or directories to the "Trashcan". This can be a different folder depending on where the file is located, and not all file systems support this concept. In the common case that the file lives inside a users home directory, the trash folder is $XDG_DATA_HOME/Trash. Note that moving files to the trash does not free up space on the file system until the "Trashcan" is emptied. If you are interested in deleting a file irreversibly, see gvfs-rm. Inspecting and emptying the "Trashcan" is normally supported by graphical file managers such as nautilus, but you can also see the trash with the command gvfs-ls trash://. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. -f, --force Ignore nonexistent and non-deletable files. --empty Empty the trash. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
ls(1), gvfs-rm(1), Desktop Trash Can specification[1] NOTES
1. Desktop Trash Can specification http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/trash-spec gvfs GVFS-TRASH(1)