Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using color in scripts
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Using color in scripts Post 303033781 by drew77 on Thursday 11th of April 2019 03:54:06 PM
Old 04-11-2019
Code:
andy@7_~/bin$ pwd
/home/andy/bin
andy@7_~/bin$ printf '%s\n' "$PATH"
/home/andy/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin
andy@7_~/bin$ ls -l my-hilite
ls: cannot access 'my-hilite': No such file or directory
andy@7_~/bin$ type env bash
env is /usr/bin/env
bash is /bin/bash

I named my script Hilite.sh if that makes a difference.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the background color in the init 3 mode(not line color)

Hello, I am using RHEL 6.1 on VMware I am searching for a way to change background color (not line by line color wich one can using tput command) basically changing the color of the whole screen to white instead of the default black and changing font color to black and alos would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dexobox
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Text color in Linux scripts via putty

hi Folks, Can anyone help with changing the color of the words in a linux shell script? I get how to change default background etc in putty, but for some reason the text in the script has different colors for different parts of the cript. Is there a way to have one color in a linux shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonnyd
5 Replies
svscanboot(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     svscanboot(8)

NAME
svscanboot - starts svscan(8) in the /service directory, with output and error messages logged through readproctitle(8). svscanboot is available in daemontools 0.75 and above. SYNOPSIS
svscanboot DESCRIPTION
svscanboot runs the pipeline svscan /service 2>&1 | readproctitle service errors: ..... with 400 dots. The last 400 bytes of error messages from svscan(8) will be visible to ps(1) through readproctitle(8). svscanboot sets $PATH to /command:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin: /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin (all in one line, no space) and clears all other environment variables. Program writers are encouraged to use globally allocated names in /command. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8), ps(1) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html http://cr.yp.to/slashcommand.html svscanboot(8)