Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending Multipes files as attachents in directory Post 303032377 by arunkesi on Friday 15th of March 2019 05:41:19 PM
Old 03-15-2019
Any Inputs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. How do I send email?

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending files as attachments

How do I send a file as an attachment on a Unix system (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartJuniorUnix
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending an email with more than one files

Hi, I would like to send an email with more than one attachement. I am using uuencode. I want to achive by suing uuencode. Also please let me know other ways. -Thambi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: thambi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor files in a directory and sending the alert

Hi All, We are having important config files in an directory which was accessable by all /auto/config/Testbed/>ls config1.intial config2.intial config3.inital often we find that some of the lines are missing in config files, we doubt if some one is removing. I would like to write... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

6. Programming

GFORTRAN sending .o files in separate directory

I am using gfortran and want to send .o files in separate directory. Currently I have the following in a bash script. The .mod files are handled ok, but the .o files are still created in the same directory as the source code fsrc="newunit.f08 math.f08 tString.f08 prout.f08 prary.f08... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs and rsync not sending all files

Hi all, I have a script issue I can't seem to work out. In a directory I have several folders and I want to send just the sapdata1 to sapdata14 folders and their contents but not sapdataXX/.snapshot the script is: #!/bin/bash # SETUP OPTIONS export SRCDIR="/scratch/doug/test/sapdata*"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DougyC
5 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /etc/smrsh, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the characters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- /etc/procmailrcs/user || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/etc/smrsh/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the /etc/smrsh directory. Reasonable additions are vacation(1), procmail(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the /etc/smrsh directory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply disallows execution of arbitrary programs. FILES
/etc/smrsh - directory for restricted programs SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2002/04/25 13:33:40 $ SMRSH(8)