Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Need Hardware help on a RP4440 that lost the RTC and does not see both hard drives Post 303029742 by mrmurdock on Thursday 31st of January 2019 01:22:36 PM
Old 01-31-2019
Thanks.
The issue is at the Hardware BCH boot menu level. I know I posted in the HPUX OS group, didn't see a hardware forum.
I did initially have a 11.31 OS installed on the disk at intscsib.0 and it boots. IOSCAN from hpux 11.31 doesn't see the other slot/disk. The disk at intscsia.1 is a 11.11 release of HPUX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. Linux

No Hard Drives Have Been Found

I am using an Acer Aspire 4720Z with two partitions C and D. Windows is installed on C and I decided to install Red Hat Linux 9 in partition D. The two partitions are in NTFS file system. During my installation of the the Linux, a prompt was displayed on screen with the message: "No hard drives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamcomng
2 Replies

3. Solaris

formating and repartitioning an external hard drives

Version: solaris 10 x86 I just got a western digital external harddrive formated with fat 32. this drive came with some setup files which is meant for windows or mac. I want to reformat and partition this drive into two ( for solaris and windows) such that the setup files will still be there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seyiisq
2 Replies

4. Linux

Is my data lost? Installed Linux, no longer can I access my hard drives.

Here's the story - I installed Linux on my Y drive, and all went well until I tried to boot into XP again. I can't access or install an operating system to my other three hard drives, C, X, and Z. I think that during the install my hard drives were changed to something other then NTFS, but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ironkey
4 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help adding new hard drives

Folks; I just added 2 physical new hard drives to my SUSE server. My server is already running SUSE 10.3 version. Is there a command i can use to add the new space or even see if the system can sees them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Reinstall old hard drives

I have a T2000 Sun-Fire server. I have 2 sets of drives in a raid 1. Lets call them Set A and Set B. I had Set A installed and working. I needed a new install so I so build up Set B. After some time I wanted to put Set A back in the server. Now the system will not boot off of Set A. I tried to boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu1811
7 Replies

7. Hardware

Hard Drives and MBR

Hello everyone. I have a question which I may know the answer to, I'm just looking for a confirmation. When it comes to the MBR of a hard drive, i've read in multiple sources that it's always located in the first sector of the hard drive. Is the MBR there from the factory? When I buy a new blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Trying to boot Solaris without hard drives in T5220

I have three Sun Oracle Netra T5220s. I am trying to just get the processor information psrinfo or prtdiag -v from the # prompt in single user mode. I am needing to know the commands to get to boot the CD/DVD of the Solaris OS. I am using it via Serial Port Management. Tinkering around I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nerdboy
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding volumes and hard drives

Ok so i thought i was smart but i can tell I need some help. I am playing around with understanding lvm and adding disks to a linux box. I added a disk and then ran what i thought were commands to add this disk to the box but I think I messed up and would like some help. My question is did i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
5 Replies
installboot(1M) 														   installboot(1M)

NAME
installboot - install bootblocks in a disk partition SYNOPSIS
installboot bootblk raw-disk-device The boot(1M) program, ufsboot, is loaded from disk by the bootblock program which resides in the boot area of a disk partition. The ufs boot objects are platform-dependent, and reside in the /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory. The platform name can be found using the -i option of uname(1). The installboot utility is a SPARC only program. It is not supported on the architecture. users should use installgrub(1M) instead. bootblk The name of the bootblock code. raw-disk-device The name of the disk device onto which the bootblock code is to be installed; it must be a character device which is read- able and writable. Naming conventions for a SCSI or IPI drive are c?t?d?s? and c?d?s? for an IDE drive. Example 1: Installing UFS Boot Block To install a ufs boot block on slice 0 of target 0 on controller 1 of the platform where the command is being run, use: example# installboot /usr/platform/`uname -i`/lib/fs/ufs/bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0 /usr/platform/platform-name/lib/fs/ufs directory where ufs boot objects reside. /platform/platform-name/ufsboot second level program to boot from a disk or CD See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ od(1), uname(1), boot(1M), init(1M), kadb(1M), kernel(1M), monitor(1M), reboot(1M), rpc.bootparamd(1M), init.d(4), attributes(5) WARNINGS
The installboot utility fails if the bootblk or openfirmware files do not exist or if the raw disk device is not a character device. 11 Apr 2005 installboot(1M)