Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Error attempting to run alsamixer Post 303029289 by Corona688 on Thursday 24th of January 2019 10:24:04 AM
Old 01-24-2019
I am wondering not just the kernel of the embedded device, but what software is running on it!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Error with ifconfig when attempting to switch to 10baseT

In Darwin, when typing "ifconfig en0 media 10baseT/UTP mediaopt half-duplex" I recieve the error message "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Operation not permitted". The same thing occurs when I sudo the command. Any suggestions? Thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tkarrde
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

attempting to break within function

Attempting to break from a case/esac paragraph while inside of a function. When executing the code below, entering the letter 'a', will prove that the directory exists, but the break command works for the if/fi, but not for the case/esac. So, in my example below, if an A is entered, the function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tumblez
8 Replies

3. Red Hat

attempting to install chkconfig 1.3.5

Hi there everyone, I'm using redhat 7.3 at the moment and am currently trying to install chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm , but when I type this command: rpm -Uvh chkconfig-1.3.5-3.i386.rpm I get the following error: error: failed dependencies: chkconfig = 1.2.24 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Debian

attempting to boot from cd rom

i just installed Debian Lenny on HP DL380. After the server rebooted, it still asks for me to insert a cd rom. where can I exactly check the settings for the boot menu? Should it use the hard disk since I didnt insert any cd? pls advise (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

6. SuSE

Attempting to use AutoYaST with SLES11SP2

We currently have a setup with SLES11SP1 where we have an AutoYaST ISO set up for automated network installs. I'm attempting to port this to SP2 to make new installs current, but I'm running into a few problems. The process seems the same, and after running mkisofs to build a new SP2 ISO the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Magus Zeal
0 Replies

7. Linux

Problem with ALSAMIXER

Hi Team, Am trying to open alsamixer via command line but am getting the following error. $ alsamixer Home directory /home/root not ours. ALSA lib pulse.c:229:(pulse_connect) PulseAudio: Unable to connect: Connection refused cannot open mixer: Connection refused Even am opening as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adhi
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

When I run the code yesterday I am getting output,when I run same code today I am getting error?

If run the below code today its creating all directory and getting output files,I f run same code tomorrow I am getting error. can any one give suggestion to sortout this error. OSError: no such file or directory : '062518'My code looks like this import paramiko import sys import os ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: haribabu2229
8 Replies
device_allocate(4)                                                 File Formats                                                 device_allocate(4)

NAME
device_allocate - device_allocate file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_allocate DESCRIPTION
The device_allocate file contains mandatory access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name;device-type;reserved;reserved;auths;device-exec where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. reserved This field is reserved for future use. reserved This field is reserved for future use. auths This field contains a comma-separated list of authorizations required to allocate the device, or asterisk (*) to indicate that the device is not allocatable, or an '@' symbol to indicate that no explicit authorization is needed to allocate the device. The default authorization is solaris.device.allocate. See auths(1) device-exec This is the physical device's data purge program to be run any time the device is acted on by allocate(1). This is to ensure that all usable data is purged from the physical device before it is reused. This field contains the filename of a program in /etc/security/lib or the full pathname of a cleanup script provided by the system adminis- trator. The device_allocate file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_allocate can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. White space is allowed in any field. The device_allocate file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. The device_allocate file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Declaring an allocatable device Declare that physical device st0 is a type st. st is allocatable, and the script used to clean the device after running deallocate(1) is named /etc/security/lib/st_clean. # scsi tape st0; st; reserved; reserved; solaris.device.allocate; /etc/security/lib/st_clean Example 2: Declaring an allocatable device with authorizations Declare that physical device fd0 is of type fd. fd is allocatable by users with the solaris.device.allocate authorization, and the script used to clean the device after running deallocate(1) is named /etc/security/lib/fd_clean. # floppy drive fd0; fd; reserved; reserved; solaris.device.allocate; /etc/security/lib/fd_clean Notice that making a device allocatable means that you need to allocate and deallocate it to use it (with allocate(1) and deallocate(1)). If a device is not allocatable, there will be an asterisk (*) in the auths field, and no one can use the device. FILES
/etc/security/device_allocate Contains list of allocatable devices SEE ALSO
auths(1), allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), list_devices(1), auth_attr(4) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 17 Mar 2003 device_allocate(4)