Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Subtract millisecond Timestamps with awk Post 303025076 by RudiC on Tuesday 23rd of October 2018 04:53:40 PM
Old 10-23-2018
Try converting "HH:MM:SS" to seconds. Will the timestamps cross midnight? Month end? Year end?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Help! Display Time with Millisecond

Hi All, Urgent! Just a newbie needing advice. Has anybody have a sample C script code in Unix to display time with milliseconds? Most of the research I'm doing is up to the seconds format only. Thanks! Leidail (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezlez
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find date Difference in AWK/GAWK with millisecond precision

Hi, I have a log file that has the date in this format "2006-05-30_13:14:04,256". I need to find the time difference between two log entries in milliseconds. How to achieve this in AWK/GAWK script? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omprasad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK solution to subtract multiple columns of numbers

Hope somebody is happy. NR==1 { num_columns=split( $0, menuend ); next; } { split( $0, substrend ); for ( i=1; i<=NF; i++ ) { minuend -= substrend; } } END { print "Result:"; for ( i=1; i<=num_columns; i++ ) { printf(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: awkward
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

add and subtract specific row using awk

Hi Folks I have tried awk command to conditionally add or subtract value from specific row in a file. The test file looks like: # cat test.txt cont x y Max 0.3 0.9 Min 0.2 0.9 diff 0.1 0 # awk '{for (i=2; i <=NF; i++) if ($i== "0") $i=$i+0.2; print}' test.txt Output: cont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixits
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get timestamp with millisecond precision

Hi All, could any body let me know. how to get timestamp with millisecond precision in unix bash shell. example -->2005-12-06- 4-22-35-195 please help me. Thanks, Krupa:wall: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare & subtract lines in files by column using awk.

I have two files with similar column pattern as given below : 2 sample lines from file1 are given below. 18 12630 . G T 49.97 . AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=3;Dels=0.00;FS=0.000;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.0000;MQ=60.00;MQ0=0;NDA=1;QD=16.66;SB=-0.01 GT:AD:DP:GQ:PL ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print lines between 2 timestamps using awk|sed and regex

Hi, I am using the following code to fetch lines that are generated in last 1 hr . Hence, I am using date function to calculate -last 1 hr & the current hr and then somehow use awk (or sed-if someone could guide me better) with some regex pattern. dt_1=`date +%h" "%d", "%Y\ %l -d "1 hour... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarah-alikhan31
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to add/subtract an integer to/from each entry in columns?

---------- Post updated at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:48 PM ---------- For some reason my question is not getting printed. Here are the details: Greetings. I would like to add/subtact an integer to/from two columns of integers. I feel like this should be easy using awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to subtract from values in file

data.txt: 0,mq_conn_open_error,1444665949,734,/PROD/G/cicsitlp/sys/unikixmain.log,64K,mq_conn_open_error,62022,0,733--734 0,mq_conn_open_error,1444666249,734,/PROD/G/cicsitlp/sys/unikixmain.log,64K,mq_conn_open_error,62022,0,734--734... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
TODR(9) 						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						   TODR(9)

NAME
todr_attach, todr_gettime, todr_settime, clock_ymdhms_to_secs, clock_secs_to_ymdhms -- time-of-day clock support SYNOPSIS
#include <dev/clock_subr.h> void todr_attach(todr_chip_handle_t); int todr_gettime(todr_chip_handle_t, struct timeval *); int todr_settime(todr_chip_handle_t, struct timeval *); void clock_secs_to_ymdhms(int, struct clock_ymdhms *); time_t clock_ymdhms_to_secs(struct clock_ymdhms *); DESCRIPTION
The todr_*() functions provide an interface to read, set and control 'time-of-day' devices. A driver for a 'time-of-day' device registers its todr_chip_handle_t with machine-dependent code using the todr_attach() function. Alternatively, a machine-dependent front-end to a 'time-of-day' device driver may obtain the todr_chip_handle_t directly. The todr_gettime() retrieves the current data and time from the TODR device and returns it in the struct timeval storage provided by the caller. todr_settime() sets the date and time in the TODR device represented by todr_chip_handle_t according to the struct timeval argument. The utilities clock_secs_to_ymdhms() and clock_ymdhms_to_secs() are provided to convert a time value in seconds to and from a structure rep- resenting the date and time as a <year,month,day,weekday,hour,minute,seconds> tuple. This structure is defined as follows: struct clock_ymdhms { u_short dt_year; /* Year */ u_char dt_mon; /* Month (1-12) */ u_char dt_day; /* Day (1-31) */ u_char dt_wday; /* Day of week (0-6) */ u_char dt_hour; /* Hour (0-23) */ u_char dt_min; /* Minute (0-59) */ u_char dt_sec; /* Second (0-59) */ }; Note: leap years are recognised by these conversion routines. RETURN VALUES
The todr_*() functions return 0 if the requested operation was successful; otherwise an error code from <sys/errno.h> shall be returned. However, behaviour is undefined if an invalid todr_chip_handle_t is passed to any of these functions. The clock_ymdhms_to_secs() function returns -1 if the time in seconds would be less that zero or too large to fit in a time_t. The clock_secs_to_ymdhms() function never fails. SEE ALSO
intersil7170(4), mk48txx(4), inittodr(9), resettodr(9), time_second(9) BSD
September 6, 2006 BSD