Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Answers to Frequently Asked Questions Not able understand logic and working Post 303023124 by RudiC on Wednesday 12th of September 2018 08:59:20 AM
Old 09-12-2018
And (apart from the clumsy one-liner) the question is? Why don't you analyse the looong pipe step by step? Does the result (a sample of which might have been helpful) satisfy your needs?

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Cant understand the File system working nature

Hi, We have a filesystem whose usage has gone above 81%, i tried to zip some files in the sub directories but the space is not released in the main file system. > df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /u01/app 5.8G 4.6G 1.2G 81% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokiak810
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to understand a couple of Shell Logic

Hi, I am trying what the following loop does : for i in XYZ do for j in M1 R1 R2 R3 do if then kList="" n=1 while do kList="$kList $n" let n++ done There are a couple of loop as mentioned above for R1.R2.R3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnprince1980
1 Replies
RESET(3)								 1								  RESET(3)

reset - Set the internal pointer of an array to its first element

SYNOPSIS
mixed reset (array &$array) DESCRIPTION
reset(3) rewinds $array's internal pointer to the first element and returns the value of the first array element. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. RETURN VALUES
Returns the value of the first array element, or FALSE if the array is empty. EXAMPLES
Example #1 reset(3) example <?php $array = array('step one', 'step two', 'step three', 'step four'); // by default, the pointer is on the first element echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step one" // skip two steps next($array); next($array); echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step three" // reset pointer, start again on step one reset($array); echo current($array) . "<br /> "; // "step one" ?> SEE ALSO
current(3), each(3), end(3), next(3), prev(3). PHP Documentation Group RESET(3)