Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Schedule a shell script without crontab every Wednesday at 10 AM Post 303022946 by vbe on Sunday 9th of September 2018 03:48:42 PM
Old 09-09-2018
Q :
How do you think possible to execute anything at a given time/day/date without a scheduling utility?

cron or at are the only ones you will find on all systems, after you have solutions ($$$) provided by vendors...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule 1st Wednesday of every Month??

Is there a way to use cron to run a job on the 1st Wednesday of every month?? The more generic question is, "Are all of the fields in crontab AND'd together or are some OR'd?". i.e. I had an entry in my crontab this morning as follows and I didn't expect it to run since the day of month is 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bradtri
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule an interactive shell script

Hi, I need to schedule a shell script which executes another shell script along with a series of other commands. When the inner shell script is executed it prompts for a password..... This inner shell cannot be changed How can I do this???? Regards, Chaitrali. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule my script without crontab

I have a script which shoud run after every 30 minutes.Though I know abt crontab, unfortunately I dont have access/authorization to use crontab in my terminal. Could any one pls let me know how to schedule the script without crontab ? Regards Prashant:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Schedule a Crontab

All, I'm a newbie with crontab and I need your help with schedule a cold-backup running every Sunday at 7am except 1st of the month. Thank you so much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanie123
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule a script in crontab.

Hi, My script is in $home/bin/sample.sh. I want to run the script for 3times a day, first execution will be at 08:00 am. second execution will be at 16:00 pm third will be at 23:59 pm. what will be the entry with this requirement?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrima.pratima
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab: setup cronjob to run first wednesday of every month

Hi, How to setup cronjob to run first wednesday of every month. Is there a way? Thanks.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to schedule jobs

Dear all, I have to create a shell script which will run the job during weekday/weekend in following manner: - There are 3 jobs JB_1 JB_2 JB_3 These jobs changes its flag to "COMPLETED" in below 2 ways 1. These 3 jobs which runs after the completion of previous one i.e JB_1 runs and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule tasks in shell script

shell=ksh, How could I schedule tasks in shell script INSTEAD OF using the crontab -e functionality? For example, I want a script to print "Hello World" every 10 seconds (i.e., INTERVAL = 10s) until external termination signal is triggered. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi all, I would like to schedule a crontab script, which should run From 8pm Thursday to 2am Friday and it should run every 10 minutes. I have put a script like below, is it the correct one. 10 01,02,20,21,22,23,00 * * 4-5 /u01/app/test.ksh Any other options available to schedule the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid2013
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to Schedule Shell Script on AIX

Hi All, I want to schedule a shell script on AIX. But Crontab is not working in my AIX Server.Is there any alternative? Please Suggest.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharat1211
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD