Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022601 by Neo on Tuesday 4th of September 2018 02:57:23 AM
Old 09-04-2018
Was on the phone last night with a friend and his idea about this topic was:

(1) Create a nice, unique badging system.

(2) Create video tutorials and feature them.

After thinking about this, I agree with (2) for sure.

For me and most all other people I know, we get our new tech information from YouTube tutorials. Personally, anytime I want to learn some new tech, I immediately go to YouTube and find great tutorials on all the latest and greatest tech. Lately, I watch a lot of videos from Brad Traversy of Traversy Media:

Traversy Media
- YouTube

So, I think I will order a Blue YETI Microphone soon and start making video tutorials (maybe about new forum features, or some upgrade coding problems I encountered etc) after I get caught up on other tasks.

If anyone wants to help speed this up, please buy me a Red and Black Satin Blue YETI USB mic combo and sent it to me in Thailand:

Blue Microphone Yeti USB Microphone /w Headphones and Pop Filter (Choose Color!) | eBay

Regarding "a new badging system".... I asked my friend to join us in the discussion on this here and help us out. He is a busy guy with a full time job and he is working on his PhD in cybersecurity and big data; but I hope he will help outline his vision for a new badging system so I can code it when we get the details down Smilie
Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why?-l1600jpg
This User Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
WebService::YouTube(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  WebService::YouTube(3pm)

NAME
WebService::YouTube - Perl interface to YouTube VERSION
This document describes WebService::YouTube version 1.0.3 SYNOPSIS
use WebService::YouTube; my $youtube = WebService::YouTube->new( { dev_id => 'YOUR_DEV_ID' } ); # Get videos via REST API my @videos = $youtube->videos->list_featured; # Get videos via RSS Feed my @videos = $youtube->feeds->recently_added; DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl interface to YouTube API and RSS. See Developers Page <http://youtube.com/dev> and About RSS <http://www.youtube.com/rssls> for details. This module support only Legacy API, does not support YouTube Data API based on Google data protocol. See YouTube Data API Overview <http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html> for details. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS new(\%fields) Creates and returns a new WebService::YouTube object. %fields can contain parameters enumerated in "ACCESSORS" section. videos( ) Returns a WebService::YouTube::Videos object. feeds( ) Returns a WebService::YouTube::Feeds object. ACCESSORS dev_id Developer ID ua LWP::UserAgent object DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WebService::YouTube requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
Class::Accessor::Fast, WebService::YouTube::Videos, WebService::YouTube::Feeds INCOMPATIBILITIES
WWW::YouTube BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-webservice-youtube@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=WebService-YouTube>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
Hironori Yoshida <yoshida@cpan.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-01 WebService::YouTube(3pm)