Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Your Favorite Tech Support Web Sites and Why? Post 303022300 by wisecracker on Wednesday 29th of August 2018 11:26:11 AM
Old 08-29-2018
I have searched for some pretty strange things and although "Stack Overflow" comes up many times, so does UNIX.COM for shell related stuff.
Sure other sites come up but not as often as this one for UNIX related stuff, S.O. is for just about everything SW related not just *NIX.

DON'T LAUGH!
I am an AMIGA fanatic still and was searching for a basic FFT routine for Python 1.4.0 for the AMIGA. I have successfully written one for a seriously expanded A1200 for Python 2.0.1 but was stumped for a stock AMIGA A1200. There are loads for Python 2.6.x to Python 3.6.x but nothing for Python 2.0.1 and certainly NOT Python 1.4.0. (The AMIGA does not have the numpy or scipy modules.)
After literally hours and dropping deeper into Google's archives I came across a Public Domain piece of code that opened my eyes. No it didn't work on Python 1.4.0 but after modifying it is now working from Python 1.4.0 for a stock A1200 up to and incuding the current 3.7.0 on all other platforms - WOOHOO. It is reissued to AMINET as CC0, public Domain too.

From this I am going to see if it is possible using ksh, (and bc if it is needed), to translate this code for this site, (fingers crossed), for the minimum of ksh version we have for OSX 10.13.6.

Wish me luck.

If successful then it will be another search that would bring one here...

Because I have settled in here this is the first place I come to, usually as a guest, after booting up my MBP.
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Use UNIX to track web sites viewed?

I'm on OSX 10.4. I was wondering if you can use UNIX terminal to track what web sites have been viewed on this Mac... Thank you! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tracymanusa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Generation file copying for tech support backup

Hi All, I've looked through the forum and haven't quite found what I'm looking to do. We're migrating our systems from a midrange to HP-UX, and I'm quite new to UNIX so I'm hoping that I can get pointed in the right direction. What I'm looking to do is save generations of files for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjohnson
12 Replies

3. Web Development

How do you make web sites?

:confused: I've read how on some websites but I still don't get it. I need specific details. I want to make a website for my photography. Please help!:D (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animelibara123
3 Replies

4. Web Development

What is Your Favorite Web Browser?

OK, please vote on your favorite web browser and comment why! Only currently supported browers please! Thanks. PS: I am a big FireFox fan. FireFox add-ons rock! (61 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
61 Replies

5. Red Hat

Web sites

Hi, I can't view web portal in my intranet from linux RHE, and neither to web application. My network configuration /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/fcfg-eth0 is ok, what is happen?, can you help me please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xochitl
2 Replies
PYDOC2.7(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  PYDOC2.7(1)

NAME
pydoc2.7 - the Python documentation tool SYNOPSIS
pydoc2.7 name pydoc2.7 -k keyword pydoc2.7 -p port pydoc2.7 -g pydoc2.7 -w module [...] DESCRIPTION
pydoc2.7 name Show text documentation on something. name may be the name of a Python keyword, topic, function, module, or package, or a dotted reference to a class or function within a module or module in a package. If name contains a '/', it is used as the path to a Python source file to document. If name is 'keywords', 'topics', or 'modules', a listing of these things is displayed. pydoc2.7 -k keyword Search for a keyword in the synopsis lines of all available modules. pydoc2.7 -p port Start an HTTP server on the given port on the local machine. pydoc2.7 -g Pop up a graphical interface for finding and serving documentation. pydoc2.7 -w name [...] Write out the HTML documentation for a module to a file in the current directory. If name contains a '/', it is treated as a filename; if it names a directory, documentation is written for all the contents. AUTHOR
Moshe Zadka, based on "pydoc --help" PYDOC2.7(1)