Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How Do I FTP System Files to Different Server? Post 303020390 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 18th of July 2018 07:44:44 AM
Old 07-18-2018
Well I guess the easy answer is IF you have enough spare disk space on the systems (especially the old system) you could 'cpio' (I prefer to use that on a SCO system) archive the required files, ftp over that cpio archive to the new system, and then restore it onto the new system.

I would think that easier than trying to ftp over individual files en masse.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from remote server to local server

Hi, I am facing a weired problem in my FTP script. I want to transfer multiple files from remote server to local server everyday, using mget * in my script. I also, want to send an email for successful or failed FTP. My script works for file transfer, but it don't send any mail. There is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: berlin_germany
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Secure FTP Problem using Sun SSH on Client system F-Secure on Server system

I am using shell script to do secure ftp. I have done key file setup to do password less authentication. Following are the FTP Details: FTP Client has Sun SSH. FTP Server has F-Secure. I am using SCP Command to do secure copy files. When I am doing this, I am getting the foll error scp:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftpguy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files to target Mainframe system

Hi Experts... Greetings for the day..! I just want to FTP the files to mainframe system.. my code is not working..and also i need to put the files in a particular directory in a specific naming format... ftp -i -n ${HOST_NAME} << END_FTP user ${USER_NAME} ${PASSWORD} put ${FILE_NAME}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: spkandy
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Files from one server to another

Hi, I want to run a process on server a, pulling files from server b and pushing it to server c. Can i do that without dropping the files on server a? Thanks, Samit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samit_9999
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Not able to FTP the files to a FTP server

Hi , We are facing a weird problem in our project. we need to send some xml & audio files to a remote FTP server from a Linux box, we are doing this in Perl script using Net::FTP->. Issue here is.. when FTPed the files using Perl scripts, only empty files ( 0 byte) are getting created on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorepotta
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files

script for to take files from FTP server to UNIX server and Unzipped that files (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system

Validating the size of file transferred from ftp server to the local system. File type: Text file/Flat file Source System: Windows / Unix Systems Target System is always: Unix Mode of Transfer : ASCII We have generic ftp shell script that transfers the files from different ftp servers. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpundalik
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help creating a script to FTP files to a server and then delete the files that were transfered.

I am trying to FTP files to a Windows server through my Linux machine. I have setup the file transfer with no problems but am having problem deleting those files from the Linux box. My current non-working solution is below. Any ideas, anyone?? :wall: Please be gentle, I'm fairly new to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmalfhs
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP multiple files from one server to one server

Hi, I'm new to shell script..I have one requriement like - In one server have more than one files,I want to ftp those files to some otehr server.. Ex : test1.pdf test2.pdf Please suggest me how to do (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkaswa
3 Replies

10. Solaris

FTP-ing files from Windows server to UNIX server

I need to transfer files from a Windows server to the Unix server and have to run some shell script on it to get the required output. Is it possible to transfer files from Windows server to unix server through any shell script? If so can you please help me with the details. Thanks in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
8 Replies
HT(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							     HT(4)

NAME
ht - TM-03/TE-16,TU-45,TU-77 MASSBUS magtape interface SYNOPSIS
/sys/conf/SYSTEM: NHT ht_drives # TE16, TU45, TU77 /etc/dtab: #Name Unit# Addr Vector Br Handler(s) # Comments ht ? 172440 224 5 htintr # tu 16 massbus tape major device number(s): raw: 6 block: 0 minor device encoding: bits 0003 specify HT drive bit 0004 specifies no-rewind operation bit 0010 specifies 1600BPI recording density instead of 800BPI DESCRIPTION
The tm-03/transport combination provides a standard tape drive interface as described in mtio(4). All drives provide both 800 and 1600 bpi; the TE-16 runs at 45 ips, the TU-45 at 75 ips, while the TU-77 runs at 125 ips and autoloads tapes. FILES
/dev/MAKEDEV script to create special files /dev/MAKEDEV.local script to localize special files SEE ALSO
mt(1), tar(1), tp(1), mtio(4), tm(4), ts(4), dtab(5), autoconfig(8) DIAGNOSTICS
tu%d: no write ring. An attempt was made to write on the tape drive when no write ring was present; this message is written on the termi- nal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: not online. An attempt was made to access the tape while it was offline; this message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to access the tape. tu%d: can't change density in mid-tape. An attempt was made to write on a tape at a different density than is already recorded on the tape. This message is written on the terminal of the user who tried to switch the density. tu%d: hard error bn%d er=%b ds=%b. A tape error occurred at block bn; the ht error register and drive status register are printed in octal with the bits symbolically decoded. Any error is fatal on non-raw tape; when possible the driver will have retried the operation which failed several times before reporting the error. BUGS
If any non-data error is encountered on non-raw tape, it refuses to do anything more until closed. The system should remember which controlling terminal has the tape drive open and write error messages to that terminal rather than on the console. 3rd Berkeley Distribution January 28, 1988 HT(4)