Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Creating metadevices
Operating Systems Solaris Creating metadevices Post 303013939 by fretagi on Friday 2nd of March 2018 06:58:47 AM
Old 03-02-2018
So I cannot use the internal disk for state database replicas....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

creating so's

hi everyone i have a doubt about ".so" files. what is the need of ".so" files. why we use ".so" files. where we can use ".so" files. how can i create ".so" files. can u tell me a good example please thank you (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh.jella
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help needed with creating challenging bash script with creating directories

Hi, Can someone help me with creating a bash shell script. I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must create n directories in the current directory with names like map_1, map_2 etcetera. Each directory must be contained within its predecessor. So... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Metadevices in mirroring ?

Hi Guys. I have the follow disk mappig.... My doubt is that the filesystem root is in mirroring. I can see this in the configuration but , I dont know exactly if this in mirroring mean disk in RAID. In short: Watching the configuration...Can I said if the filesystem / is in Raid? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with live upgrade creation: Telling me metadevices do not exist

Hi I am having a problem creating my live upgrade environment. Here is the error I get: root@server:/# lucreate -c SOL10_18May -n SOL10_19May -z /lu_excludelist -m /:dev/md/dsk/d0:ufs -m /var:/dev/md/dsk/d4:ufs -m /export/home:/dev/md/dsk/d6:ufs -m -:/dev/md/dsk/d3:swap -C... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: notreallyhere
0 Replies

5. Solaris

metadevices: how to test metadb (how to corrupt replicas/understanding replicas)

Hi all, I recently started exploring Solaris 10. I am testing metadevices now. I have been reading about the state databases here: 6.State Database (Overview) (Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide) - Sun Microsystems So I created 3 metadbs on 2 slices (6 in total; c1t1d0s3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Metadevices deleted

Hi Guys, We have an issue, all metadb's on system was deleted and the system was rebooted. the system is currented mounted in single-user mode . its a x86 server. the volumes under SVM is as follows. / /var and /usr please suggest Please use code tags <- click the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
1 Replies

7. Solaris

SVM - Metadevices are offline after changing hostname solaris x86

Hi , We are facing an issue on one of our solaris x86 server, After changing the hostname and a orderly reboot , all metadevices shows offline. please let us know the steps to restore back all metadevices to working state with this new hostname (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick.sh
3 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Creating a .profile, displaying system variables, and creating an alias

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is what I am supposed to do, word for word from my assignment page: 1. Create/modify and print a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagst3r21
2 Replies

9. SCO

Creating a VM

Also, in my tinkering around I was able to get SCO installed on a VM, using VM Workstation version 12.5 in a Windows 7 Pro-64 computer. I chose the VM Workstation 8.x compatibility model for my VM, an IDE hard drive at 0:0 and an IDE CD Rom at 1:0 using the physical drive of the computer. Using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
3 Replies
mddb.cf(4)							   File Formats 							mddb.cf(4)

NAME
mddb.cf - metadevice state database replica locations SYNOPSIS
/etc/lvm/mddb.cf DESCRIPTION
The /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file is created when the metadb(1M) command is invoked. You should never directly edit this file. The file /etc/lvm/mddb.cf is used by the metainit(1M) command to find the locations of the metadevice state databases replicas. The metadb command creates the file and updates it each time it is run. Similar information is entered in the /kernel/drv/md.conf file. Each metadevice state database replica has a unique entry in the /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file. Each entry contains the driver and minor unit num- bers associated with the block physical device where a replica is stored. Each entry also contains the block number of the master block, which contains a list of all other blocks in the replica. Entries in the /etc/lvm/mddb.cf file are of the form: driver_name minor_t daddr_t checksum where driver_name and minor_t represent the device number of the physical device storing this replica. daddr_t is the disk block address. checksum is used to make certain the entry has not been corrupted. A pound sign (#) introduces a comment. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Sample File The following example shows a mddb.cf file. #metadevice database location file do not hand edit #driver minor_t daddr_t device id checksum sd 152 16 id1,sd@SSEAGATE_JDD288110MC9LH/a -2613 In the example above, the value for daddr_t indicates that the offset from the start of a given partition is 16 disk blocks from the start of that partition. FILES
/etc/lvm/mddb.cf /kernel/drv/md.conf SEE ALSO
mdmonitord(1M), metaclear(1M), metadb(1M), metadetach(1M), metahs(1M), metainit(1M), metaoffline(1M), metaonline(1M), metaparam(1M), metarecover(1M), metarename(1M), metareplace(1M), metaroot(1M), metassist(1M), metaset(1M), metastat(1M), metasync(1M), metattach(1M), md.cf(4), md.tab(4), attributes(5), md(7D) Solaris Volume Manager Administration Guide SunOS 5.11 8 Aug 2003 mddb.cf(4)