Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Execution Problems with Solaris 8 Post 303012719 by moh_abaloo on Thursday 8th of February 2018 12:32:49 AM
Old 02-08-2018
Execution Problems with Solaris 8

i have problems with using solaries 8 . code and commands for extracting files from CD ? especially extracting file.jar from package and batch

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problems with crontab

I need your help please Inin a production system i found crontab entries was removed because i typed crontab -l with username corasc and didn't show anything. i asked the administrador to restored the mentioned crontab, he restored the crontab: The problem is when restored the crontab file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems!!

i have been working on this for a about 12 hours today say's end of file un expected any idea's using the bourne shell and its driving me nuts worked fine in bash but prof says make it work in bourne and good luck worth 13% any help would be awesome #!/bin/sh trap "rm mnt2/source/tmp/* 2>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrhiab
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with Cron

Hi, I have written a shell script to transfer files to a SFTP server passing the filername, source and dest directory as parameters and it runs well. :) I want to schedule this script to run periodically using a cron job. root@pingu # cat /etc/crontab SHELL=/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Execution Problems with Xvfb on Solaris 10

Hello : We are in the process of upgrading our Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 We have the following set up on Solaris 8 for starting Xvfb which works very well without any issues $ /usr/openwin/bin/Xvfb :2 -ac -screen 0 6x6x8 -pn -fp /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/misc ON SOLARIS 10 . the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Execution Problems with Xvfb on Solaris 10

Hello : We are in the process of upgrading our Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 We have the following set up on Solaris 8 for starting Xvfb which works very well without any issues $ /usr/openwin/bin/Xvfb :2 -ac -screen 0 6x6x8 -pn -fp /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/misc ON SOLARIS 10 . the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems

this my source file ************* fixed *************** Begin equipmentId : d9 processor : fox number : bhhhhhh Variable # 1: Id : 100 Type : 9 nType : s gType : 5f mType : 4 LField : England DataField : london Length ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: teefa
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problems with scripting

Hi, I am new to scripting.I had one problem infront of me.I tried in many ways with minimal knowledge........Kindly help me. Description: I want a shell script where it has to read an input.txt file and need to remove duplicate lines and the result need to kept in output.txt file. input... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with UNIX.

Hi Team, I created one file like tst.pl, it contains #!/usr/bin/perl use Spreadsheet::ParseExcel; During execution it's showing error like use: command not found. Pleast let me suggest how to use this perl menthods in Unix. Thanks in Advance, Reards, Harris (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution Problems with Cron

Good evening, ive got this cron to be run: if i run this manually it doesnt work,it takes me to the prompt again /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 here is the code fragment: coopge@coopge: opge PRODUCCION>more... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alexcol
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execution problems

How to find a word in a directory which contains many files? i just want to count how many such words are present in all the files? This is the code which i tried for a single file echo "Enter the file name:" read file echo "Enter the word to search:" read word if then echo "The count... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
4 Replies
CABEXTRACT(1)						      General Commands Manual						     CABEXTRACT(1)

NAME
cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives SYNOPSIS
cabextract [-ddir] [-f] [-Fpattern] [-h] [-l] [-L] [-p] [-q] [-s] [-t] [-v] cabinet files ... DESCRIPTION
cabextract is a program that un-archives files in the Microsoft cabinet file format (.cab) or any binary file which contains an embedded cabinet file (frequently found in .exe files). cabextract will extract all files from all cabinet files specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part cabinet consisting of several files, only the first cabinet file needs to be given as an argument to cabextract as it will automatically look for the remaining files. To prevent cabextract from extracting cabinet files you did not specify, use the -s option. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -d dir Extracts all files into the directory dir. -f When testing or extracting cabinet files, corrupted MSZIP blocks will be ignored. A warning will be printed if a corrupted MSZIP block is encountered. -F pattern Only files with names that match the shell pattern pattern shall be listed, tested or extracted. On non-GNU systems, this match may be case-sensitive. -h Prints a page of help and exits. -l Lists the contents of the given cabinet files, rather than extracting them. -L When extracting cabinet files, makes each extracted file's name lowercase. -p Files shall be extracted to standard output. -q When extracting cabinet files, suppresses all messages except errors and warnings. -s When testing, listing or extracting cabinets which span multiple files, only cabinet files given on the command line shall be used. -t Tests the integrity of the cabinet. Files are decompressed, but not written to disk or standard output. If the file successfully decompresses, the MD5 checksum of the file is printed. -v If given alone on the command line, prints the version of cabextract and exits. Given with a list of cabinet files, it will list the contents of the cabinet files. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Stuart Caie <kyzer@4u.net>, based on the one written by Eric Sharkey <sharkey@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. SEE ALSO
lcab(1) October 30, 2005 CABEXTRACT(1)