Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Extract string between two special chracters Post 303012040 by RudiC on Sunday 28th of January 2018 07:02:58 AM
Old 01-28-2018
Try
Code:
echo "${_PBCS_URL_TST}" | sed -e 's/^.*-\|[.].*$//g'
a503777

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to extract a string delimited by any special character

I have a string as follows IS*blahblah TED~blahblah etc. I want to list down only IS and TED Can someone help me? (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumariak
24 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape chracters

hi, how to echo \\ in unix ie echo the path \\dir1\dir2\\dir3 thanks, Sam (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam99
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add string after another string with special characters

Hello everyone, I'm writing a script to add a string to an XML file, right after a specified string that only occurs once in the file. For testing purposes I created a file 'testfile' that looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 6 7 8 9 And this is the script as far as I've managed: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heliode
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Syntax to Extract Everything After Special Character

Hi, I am writing a Perl script that reads in many lines, if a line meets the criteria I want to edit, it. For example, the script will return the following example line... test=abc123 All I want to do is strip off the "test=" and just be left with the abc123. In my script I can easily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrichard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file and extract another string to a variable

Hi, guys. I have one question: I need to search for a string in a file, and then extract another string from the file and assign it to a variable. For example: the contents of the file (group) is below: ... ftp:x:23: mail:x:34 ... testing:x:2001 sales:x:2002 development:x:2003 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daikeyang
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tailing a file which contains Control chracters

Hi. I have a log file which gets updated by a java process and it uses ASCII STX and ETX characters (i.e CTRL-B and CTRL-C characters) to demarcate each XML message logged. so the format of the file is something like STX XML_MESSAGE1 .. .. ETX STX XML_MESSAGE2 .. .. ETX each XML... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregoryp
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

to extract string from main string and string comparison

continuing from my previous post, whose link is given below as a reference https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/171076-shell-scripting.html#post302573569 consider there is create table commands in a file for eg: CREATE TABLE `Blahblahblah` ( `id` int(11) NOT NULL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract string between 2 special characters

Hi, I have a unix file with contents as below Line1: ABC MNN X$$QWERTY$$ JKL Line2: HELLO $$HOW$$ ARE $$YOU$$ DOING i want to extract the string between $$ and $$ ie i want the output as QWERTY HOW YOU i want those strings seperated by some character say | desired output is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinredmac
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search String and extract few lines under the searched string

Need Assistance in shell programming... I have a huge file which has multiple stations and i wanted to search particular station and extract few lines from it and the rest is not needed Bold letters are the stations . The whole file has multiple stations . Below example i wanted to search... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract string between two special characters

Hi, I have a file that looks something like >1-18*anc... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu429
12 Replies
Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base - Base module for format parser plugins SYNOPSIS
package My::Parser::Plugin; use base qw(Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base); sub file_types { return [qw( ext ext2 )] } sub extract { my $self = shift; local $_ = shift; my $line = 1; while (my $found = $self->routine_to_extract_strings) { $self->add_entry($str,[$filename,$line,$vars]) } return; } DESCRIPTION
All format parser plugins in Locale::Maketext::Extract inherit from Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base. If you want to write your own custom parser plugin, you will need to inherit from this module, and provide "file_types()" and "extract()" methods, as shown above. METHODS
new() $plugin = My::Parser->new( @file_types # Optionally specify a list of recognised file types ) add_entry() $plugin->add_entry($str,$line,$vars) "entries()" $entries = $plugin->entries; "clear()" $plugin->clear Clears all stored entries. file_types() @default_file_types = $plugin->file_types Returns a list of recognised file types that your module knows how to parse. Each file type can be one of: o A plain string 'pl' => base filename is matched against qr/.pl$/ '*' => all files are accepted o A regex qr/.tt2?./ => base filename is matched against this regex o A codref sub {} => this codref is called as $coderef->($base_filename,$path_to_file) It should return true or false extract() $plugin->extract($filecontents); extract() is the method that will be called to process the contents of the current file. When it finds a string that should be extracted, it should call $self->add_entry($string,$line,$vars]) where $vars refers to any arguments that are being passed to the localise function. For instance: l("You found [quant,_1,file,files]",files_found) string: "You found [quant,_1,file,files]" vars : (files_found) IMPORTANT: a single plugin instance is used for all files, so if you plan on storing state information in the $plugin object, this should be cleared out at the beginning of "extract()" known_file_type() if ($plugin->known_file_type($filename_with_path)) { .... } Determines whether the current file should be handled by this parser, based either on the list of file_types specified when this object was created, or the default file_types specified in the module. SEE ALSO
xgettext.pl for extracting translatable strings from common template systems and perl source files. Locale::Maketext::Lexicon Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Perl Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::PPI Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::TT2 Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::YAML Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::FormFu Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Mason Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::TextTemplate Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Generic AUTHORS
Clinton Gormley [DRTECH] <clinton@traveljury.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2002-2008 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This software is released under the MIT license cited below. The "MIT" License Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. perl v5.14.2 2011-03-02 Locale::Maketext::Extract::Plugin::Base(3pm)