Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem to booting up p730
Operating Systems AIX Problem to booting up p730 Post 303012011 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 27th of January 2018 03:08:26 PM
Old 01-27-2018
Did you get it started?

If not, even though I don't have a POWER7 system handy - I'll try and help you get it operational in "Bare Metal" mode.

Basically, if the LCD panel is saying HMC=0 then it is still waiting for an HMC to be connected. You need to attach via the ASMI (web interface) and do a firmware reset - so it forgets about HMC's.

You will also need a (serial) console or a USB keyboard plus regular (EVGA?) screen so you can accept license after the reset.

Hope you are already having a great time!

Michael

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with booting

Hi! I installed Slackware on my computer so I thought I could have dual booting with ME, but that didn't work. So I installed another bootmanager that I find on internet. When I startup my computer the second bootmangaer that I did find on internet lets me choose system. When I have choosen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Rudiment
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Booting Problem

Hai I have installed win 98 o.s in my system after that i have installed Red Hat Linux 7.0,there is a problem in dual booting,by default win98 is being booted, when i insert bootable linux floppy linux is loaded My doubt how to overwrite windows MBR and palce the lilo in MBR.so that it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Booting problem

I was trying to test run a /bin/bash script i had just written when my monitor suddenly went blank.I had to shut down the machine from the systems main power. I was unable to boot afterwards and soo i went for the interactive boot process by typing boot -a. I succeded in the first stage of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem booting unix

Hello, We had a system shutdown last night and now the server won't boot because of volume is seriously damaged (this affects all volumes). Any suggestions on how to repair. Any suggestions welcome Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobman
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Problem with 280R not booting

The box is in Houston, and I am in Dallas. Anyway, I do have serial access to the console. The box is hanging just after the WARNING's for the SDS modules not loading (normal boot message). I booted off CD, and mounted up all the file systems. Everything looked normal, and I could not find any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting problem Veritas

Hi , I am having 490 Sun Fire Server ,Server having Two 72 GB each Disk.Disk are under veritas VM 4 control. Both disk are mirred with veritas VM4. Fisrt disk is encapsulate and other disk is mirred.System is working Fine but when I removed Fitrst Disk and reboot the system it does not boot from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeeprajput_k
4 Replies

7. Solaris

booting problem

any one can help me. my system running on solaris 2.7. recently there is sudden power failure while system running. after that unable to boot the system. it is giving comment that "can not open /etc/path_to_inst" and then returning back to "OK" after comment of termination. The processor is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabir
10 Replies

8. Solaris

problem while booting from hdd

hello gurus, i have just installed the os on hdd, when i write down boot command on ok prompt, I get following error continuously. what could be the possible problem WARNING: /ssm@0,0/pci@18,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): auto request sense failed (reason=reset) WARNING:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameergrover
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem booting

Dear List, While I was adding second hard disk to my system, I changed the /etc/fstab file by adding the following line: /mnt/sdb1 /dev/sdb1 ext3 default 2 1 Now system does not boot and gives the following error: Checking filesystems /: Clean, 309260/18495840 files, 1064776/18486790... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavoush
2 Replies

10. AIX

Booting problem

Dears, I have a problem when i reboot the machine last time "AIX 5.3", that after rebooting it not login to graphical desktop, it just stop at console login command line. Kindly find the attached screenshot. Anyway to let it login automatically to Desktop? Would appreciate any pointers to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moudmm
1 Replies
PCWEASEL(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 					       PCWEASEL(4)

NAME
pcweasel -- Support for the PC-Weasel serial console board SYNOPSIS
pseudo-device pcweasel weasel* at pci? dev ? function ? Note that the appropriate display device must also be enabled. See pcdisplay(4) for more information. DESCRIPTION
The PC-Weasel is a serial console board for use primarily on Intel-based PC-class systems. It addresses a problem that nearly everyone who has deployed a PC-class server has experienced: the total lack of remote management capability on PC-class hardware. In addition to serial console support, the PC-Weasel provides the ability to remotely reset the system (by means of a hardware reset signal), and provides a watchdog timer function. The PC-Weasel works by emulating the original IBM Monochrome Display Adapter (MDA). Writes to the display's character cells are translated into ANSI terminal sequences which are then sent out the PC-Weasel's serial port. Incoming characters are translated into PC keyboard scan codes and then fed (by means of a cable) into the system's keyboard controller. The system believes it is using a display console. This is particularly important in the event that one needs access to BIOS configuration menus. The PC-Weasel also includes a ST16550 serial port, which may be configured as any one of the system's serial ports. Typical usage is to con- figure the port as com0 at ISA I/O address 0x3f8. When the PC-Weasel detects activity on the ST16550, the serial port is automatically con- nected to the ST16550 so that the serial port may be used as normal. When the PC-Weasel detects activity on the internal UART used for MDA emulation, the serial port is automatically reconnected to the emulation UART. This allows the boot program and kernel to be configured to use the serial port directly (which is more efficient than using the MDA emulation mode), yet allows the MDA emulation to be reestablished as soon as the kernel loses control of the system. The pcweasel driver provides support for the additional features present on the PC-Weasel. At the moment, this includes support for the watchdog timer function. Use of the pcweasel driver is not required in order for the system to function with a PC-Weasel installed so long as only the MDA emulation and ST16550 serial port functionality is required. SEE ALSO
pcdisplay(4), wdogctl(8) HISTORY
The pcweasel driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.1. AUTHORS
The PC-Weasel was invented by Herb Peyerl and Jonathan Levine at Canada Connect Corporation. It is now produced by Middle Digital, Inc., http://www.realweasel.com/ The pcweasel driver was written by Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>, and contributed by Zembu Labs, Inc. Herb Peyerl of Middle Digital, Inc. provided several firmware updates during the development of the driver. BSD
November 23, 2007 BSD