Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk , parse data from stacked columns Post 303011559 by rdrtx1 on Friday 19th of January 2018 04:12:40 PM
Old 01-19-2018
Code:
awk '
$1 ~ /^[0-9][0-9]*$/ && a[$1] {$1=$1; print $0, a[$1]}
{a[$1]=$2 " " $3}
' datafile

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk based script to find the median of all individual columns in a data file

Hi All, I have some data like below. Step1,Param1,Param2,Param3 1,2,3,4 2,3,4,5 2,4,5,6 3,0,1,2 3,0,0,0 3,2,1,3 ........ so on Where I need to find the median(arithmetic) of each column from Param1...to..Param3 for each set of Step1 values. (Sort each specific column, if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK script to parse a data in a file

Hi Unix gurus.. I have a file which has below data, It has several MQ Queue statistics; QueueName= 'TEST1' CreateDate= '2009-10-30' CreateTime= '13.45.40' QueueType= Predefined QueueDefinitionType= Local QMinDepth= 0 QMaxDepth= 0 QueueName= 'TEST2' CreateDate= '2009-10-30'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dd_psg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk for selecting columns of different data files

Hello friends, How can I use awk commands to obtain selective blocks from different data files. For example file1 a b c d e f g h i file2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 output a b 2 3 d e 5 6 g h 8 9 is it possible ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpf
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk : Filter a set of data to parse header line and last field of multiple same match.

Hi Experts, I have a data with multiple entry , I want to filter PKG= & the last column "00060110" or "00088150" in the output file: ############################################################################################### PKG= P8SDB :: VGS = vgP8SOra vgP8SDB1 vgP8S001... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to split and parse unpredictable data

data.txt: CRITICAL: iLash: 97.00%, SqlPlus: 99.00%. Warning/critical thresholds: 95/98% I need to pull only the disknames: iLash and SqlPlus The following command will only pull iLash: echo "CRITICAL: iLash: 97.00%, SqlPlus: 99.00%. Warning/critical thresholds: 95/98%" | awk -F":"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to parse a file with mixed formats in columns

Greetings I have a file formatted like this: rhino grey weight=1003;height=231;class=heaviest;histology=9,0,0,8 bird white weight=23;height=88;class=light;histology=7,5,1,0,0 turtle green weight=40;height=9;class=light;histology=6,0,2,0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twinklefingers
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request: How to Parse dynamic SQL query to pad extra columns to match the fixed number of columns

Hello All, I have a requirement in which i will be given a sql query as input in a file with dynamic number of columns. For example some times i will get 5 columns, some times 8 columns etc up to 20 columns. So my requirement is to generate a output query which will have 20 columns all the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas_trl
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Optimization shell/awk script to aggreagte (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file

Optimization shell/awk script to aggregate (sum) for all the columns of Huge data file File delimiter "|" Need to have Sum of all columns, with column number : aggregation (summation) for each column File not having the header Like below - Column 1 "Total Column 2 : "Total ... ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kartikirans
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)