Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Awk, find and print
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Awk, find and print Post 303011166 by RavinderSingh13 on Sunday 14th of January 2018 10:40:41 AM
Old 01-14-2018
Hello echo manolis,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps you.
Code:
awk '{match($0,/ARC=[0-9]+/);val1=substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH);match($0,/IDE=[0-9]+/);print val1":"substr($0,RSTART,RLENGTH)}'  Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
ARC=121:IDE=2334
ARC=123:IDE=2344
ARC=134:IDE=2434

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get awk to print a " in it's print part?

The line is simple, use " '{ print $1"]"$2"\"$3THE " NEEDS TO GO HERE$4 }' I've tried \", "\, ^" and '"" but none of it works. What am I missing? Putting in the [ between $1 and $2 works fine, I just need to do the same with a ". Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK...find a string ,if so print it

Hi, I need to find a string, if it finds then I need to print it , otherwise it has to goto next line.... input is====> uid = shashi, india uid ,uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ========== output shold be uid = shashi, india uid , uid= asia uid= none, uid=india. none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hegdeshashi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find expression with awk in only one column, and if it fits, print whole column

Hi. How do I find an expression with awk in only one column, and if it fits, then print that whole column. 1 apple oranges 2 bannanas pears 3 cats dogs 4 hesaid shesaid echo "which number:" read NUMBER (user inputs number 2 for this example) awk " /$NUMBER/ {field to search is field... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find a string, print the line 2 lines below it

I am parsing a nagios config, searching for a string, and then printing the line 2 lines later (the "members" string). Here's the data: define hostgroup{ hostgroup_name chat-dev alias chat-dev members thisisahostname } define hostgroup{ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mglenney
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk find in columns with "if then" statement and print results

I have a file1.txt file1.txt F-120009210","Felix","U-M-F-F-F-","white","yes","no","U-M-F-F-F-","Bristol","RI","true" F-120009213","Fluffy","U-F-","white","yes","no","M-F-","Warwick","RI","true" U-120009217","Lity","U-M-","grey","yes","yes","","Fall River","MA","true"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and print specific date with awk

hi all I would like to help me find the problem with this script to find and print to the screen a specific date of a log file that I have on my server, the date it is received as the first argument in the script $ 1 Here I show you a few lines that made ​​the idea of ​​my log file: ****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gilmore666
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find and print next string

Can I do this in one awk session. Solution I have is poor. I want to return the number after PID. echo "Start: 12345 is used by PID:11111 username" | awk -F: '{print $3}' | awk '{print $1}' (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: u20sr
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find text and print value

In the attached file I am using awk to skip the header row, search for specific text, and print particular values that are next to it all from the same field. awk FNR > 1 '$79 == "Bases in target regions"":" "Number of amplicons"': "Target bases with no strand bias"':" {print $79}' >... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
STPCIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						STPCIDE(4)

NAME
stpcide -- STMicroelectronics STPC IDE disk controllers driver SYNOPSIS
stpcide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 DESCRIPTION
The stpcide driver supports the STMicroelectronics STPC x86 SoC internal IDE controllers, and provides the interface with the hardware for the ata(4) driver. The driver features DMA mode 2 and PIO mode 4 transfer speeds. The 0x0002 flag forces the stpcide driver to disable DMA on chipsets for which DMA would normally be enabled. This can be used as a debug- ging aid, or to work around problems where the IDE controller is wired up to the system incorrectly. SEE ALSO
ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) BUGS
The timings used for the DMA and PIO modes are for STPC Atlas and its siblings with their PCI clock configured at 33 MHz. Other speeds including the STPC Vega Ultra-IDE controller will need adjustments. BSD
October 31, 2003 BSD