Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UTC to GPS
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UTC to GPS Post 303008186 by jiam912 on Tuesday 28th of November 2017 08:01:53 AM
Old 11-28-2017
RudiC
I got it as Unix Time
Code:
date +%s -ud "17/11/27 03:13:50"

but i dont know how to convert as desired

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Utc

Is there an AIX command that displays the date mode so I can see if we have universal time code on? There's a vms command to tell you this but I have not been able to find a similar AIX command. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

changing sys clock (PST to UTC)

Hi I'm trying to change my sys clock from PST to UTC. I've read the man date page it helpfully says :- -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time as root I have tried date --universal, date -u, date --utc, I have checked the /etc/sysinfo/clock file the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: OFFSIHR
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting MAC from GPS unit

Never mind i got the answer thanks., (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting timestamps to UTC in bash

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to convert the timestamps in a dataset from one timezone (which has daylight savings) to UTC. 2009-02-25 23:57:22,000D60727B89,221.16.86.23,SYSTEM1What would be the best way to approach this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UTC time to Date

Hi, I need to convert a number representing time in UTC seconds to a date. Ex: 3BE0082C --> Oct 31 2001 15:31:08 I have tried the following perl command but it gives a different answer? $ perl -e 'print scalar localtime(shift), "\n"' 3BE00B2C Thu Jan 1 03:00:03 1970 Any ideas? Thanks. :) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

CST to UTC conversion

Hi ALL, In a file i have the date and time as: 2009-04-28 23:10:05 CST My Local Unix server time is in UTC. Now i need to convert the above date and time in the file to UTC timezone and convert to number of seconds. Kindly suggest me on this, ---------- Post updated at 05:13 AM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
6 Replies

7. AIX

Convert time (YYYYMMDD HHMMSS) to UTC

Okay, so let's say we have a string like: 20110105_193345 This represents: January 5th, 2011 = 20110105 24-hour style time 19:33:45 = 193345 Okay, so we have our time. It's January 5th, 2011 at 19:33:45. I want to convert this time from Eastern Time Zone (which it currently is in)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syndex
1 Replies

8. AIX

Change Time Zone to UTC without DST

Hello AIX friends, We have timezone settings on our AIX 6.1 boxes set to Europe/London. How can I change it to UTC timezone with Daylight saving disabled. After running "smit chtz_user" I don't see UTC option in the listing. Please advise. TIA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting timestamp from PST to UTC

I need to convert the given datetime from PST to UTC, i gone through multiple forum examples but everywhere it mentioned about converting the server datetime. So could someone help me on this. I will be getting arguments for my script in the format of yyyymmddhh (eg:2015101004 - it will be pst),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
4 Replies

10. AIX

GPS Clock Not Synchronised

Hi guys, I got some error on my application server mentioning that gps clock not sync to my db server. what is the command to check is my server is sync with the gps clock? appreciate if you guys can let me know how to troubleshoot this problem. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leecopper
1 Replies
GPSPROF(1)							GPSD Documentation							GPSPROF(1)

NAME
gpsprof - profile a GPS and gpsd, plotting latency information SYNOPSIS
gpsprof [-f plot_type] [-m threshold] [-n packetcount] [-t title] [-T terminal] [-d dumpfile] [-l logfile] [-r] [-D debuglevel] [-h] [[server[:port[:device]]]] DESCRIPTION
gpsprof performs accuracy and latency profiling on a GPS. It emits to standard output a GNUPLOT program that draws an illustrative graph. It can also be told to emit the raw profile data. The information it provides can be useful for establishing an upper bound on latency, and thus on position accuracy of a GPS in motion. gpsprof uses instrumentation built into gpsd. To display the graph, use gnuplot(1). Thus, for example, to display the default spatial scatter plot, do this: gpsprof | gnuplot -persist To generate an image file: gpsprof -T png | gnuplot >image.png OPTIONS
The -f option sets the plot type. The X axis is samples (sentences with timestamps). The Y axis is normally latency in seconds. Currently the following plot types are defined: space Generate a scattergram of fixes and plot a probable-error circle. This data is only meaningful if the GPS is held stationary while gpsprof is running. This is the default. uninstrumented Plot total latency without instrumentation. Useful mainly as a check that the instrumentation is not producing significant distortion. It only plots times for reports that contain fixes; staircase-like artifacts in the plot are created when elapsed time from reports without fixes is lumped in. instrumented Plot instrumented profile. Plots various components of the total latency between the GPS's fix time fix and when the client receives the fix. For purposes of the description, below, start-of-reporting-cycle (SORC) is when a device's reporting cycle begins. This time is detected by watching to see when data availability follows a long enough amount of quiet time that we can be sure we've seen the gap at the end of the sensor's previous report-transmission cycle. Detecting this gap requires a device running at 9600bps or faster. Similarly, EORC is end-of-reporting-cycle; when the daemon has seen the last sentence it needs in the reporting cycle and ready to ship a fix to the client. The components of the instrumented plot are as follows: Fix latency Delta between GPS time and SORC. RS232 time RS232 transmission time for data shipped during the cycle (computed from character volume and baud rate). Analysis time EORC, minus SORC, minus RS232 time. The amount of real time the daemon spent on computation rather than I/O. Reception time Shipping time from the daemon to when it was received by gpsprof. Because of RS232 buffering effects, the profiler sometimes generates reports of ridiculously high latencies right at the beginning of a session. The -m option lets you set a latency threshold, in multiples of the cycle time, above which reports are discarded. The -n option sets the number of packets to sample. The default is 100. The -t option sets a text string to be included in the plot title. The -T option generates a terminal type setting into the gnuplot code. Typical usage is "-T png" telling gnuplot to write a PNG file. Without this option gnuplot will call its X11 display code. The -d option dumps the plot data, without attached gnuplot code, to a specified file for post-analysis. The -l option dumps the raw JSON reports collected from the device to a specified file. The -r option replots from a JSON logfile (such as -l produces) on standard input. Both -n and -l options are ignored when this one is selected. The -h option makes gpsprof print a usage message and exit. The -D sets debug level. Sending SIGUSR1 to a running instance causes it to write a completion message to standard error and resume processing. The first number in the startup message is the process ID to signal. SEE ALSO
gpsd(8), gps(1), libgps(3), libgpsd(3), gpsfake(1), gpsctl(1), gpscat(1), gnuplot(1). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com. The GPSD Project 10 Feb 2005 GPSPROF(1)