Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting looping issue Post 303007461 by swathi reddy1 on Friday 17th of November 2017 12:03:19 AM
Old 11-17-2017
Hi Don,

Thanks for your response

1)we are using unix

3)getsequence.txt will contain format like 'E_MSC_EKMS1_20171013_0100127269.dat'
4)these are the files in my directory

Code:
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023455.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023455.ctl

E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023456.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023456.ctl

E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023457.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_1100023457.ctl

they need to be renamed like

Code:
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000005.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000005.ctl

E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000004.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000004.ctl

E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000003.dat
E_MSC_EKMS1_20160501_0100000003.ctl

5)yes when user types 1

Last edited by Don Cragun; 11-17-2017 at 02:51 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with Shell Scripting..

Hi Guys.. I need a solution for these two questions... Plz help me... 1)How can you load multiple files in a script ? 2)How do you get a process Id for multiple files in a shell script ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mraghunandanan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] help me in this looping in shell scripting

Hi, #!/bin/ksh result='/TIA/app/UniQP/queue/document/CSB' i=0; while ; do i=`expr $i + 1` if ($i -lt 5);then echo "THerrFile_$i.err"; else break; fi done ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_83k
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with looping in shell scripting

Hi there im totally new to shell scripting and i find it very interesting. I come from java programming background. Basically what i need is to loop a string of say all possible permutations of 20 displayable characters and md5 hash the string till it produces a 128 bit hash value with say 4... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jremio
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp in shell Scripting issue

I have the below code for ftping a file sftp "ogl@serverna,me"ogl@serverna,me <<EOF cd $path_on_the_server binary put $path_on_my_sever/filename.txt bye EOF Not sure is this works.but when i tried its asking for password .How i can avoid asking password and provide it in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamrad
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sql issue in shell scripting

HI friends , i am also facing an issue in mysql i ma trying to insert detail in a variable but not got success #!/bin/sh mysql -u<username> -p<password> <dbname> << EOF DEV=`mysql --skip-column-names <dbname> -e "SELECT timestamp from process_record where id = 1"` EOF echo $DEV ERROR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay833i
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting Issue

Hi I have a requirement where in I need to check 103,104,105 letters in each line and if it equal to MAS then I need to copy the whole line (Till End) to a file. In case if there are 10 lines, all these lines must be copied to a file. Can you please help me with script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna87
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripting Issue

Hi I have a requirement where in I need to check 103,104,105 letters in each line and if it equal to MAS then I need to copy the whole line (Till End) to a file. In case if there are 10 lines, all these lines must be copied to a file. Can you please help me with script. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna87
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting issue-running the background script

I have written the below query to genrate a telephone.I am passing account number from oracle database. I am calling 2 scripts which generate the bill 1. bip.sh (it runs in the background) 2.runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ bip.sh generates a number which runXitInvoice_PROFORMA_integ uses.How... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with looping

Hi guys, I am creating a script that checks if a service is UP and running on a bunch of remote servers. My list of servers is: p2 runtime1 8080 p3 runtime2 8080 p4 runtime3 8080 p5 runtime4 8080 p6 runtime5 8080 p7 runtime6 8080 p8 runtime7 8080 p9 runtime8 8080 p10 runtime9 8080... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting - CHMOD issue

Hi Friends , good morning . I am very new to Unix scripting and require a bit of advice to help resolve the below issue . Hope some one can provide some suggestion I have the below script which calls a Oracle stored procedure which inturn extracts data from a table and writes in a ascii... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: J1nx007
4 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - overview of various system shells SYNOPSIS
POSIX Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] Korn Shell option] ... string] [arg ...] option] ... string] [arg ...] C Shell [command_file] [argument_list ...] Key Shell DESCRIPTION
Remarks The POSIX .2 standard requires that, on a POSIX-compliant system, executing the command activates the POSIX shell (located in file on HP-UX systems), and executing the command produces an on-line manual entry that displays the syntax of the POSIX shell command-line. However, the command has historically been associated with the conventional Bourne shell, which could confuse some users. To meet stan- dards requirements and also clarify the relationships of the various shells and where they reside on the system, this entry provides com- mand-line syntax and a brief description of each shell, and lists the names of the manual entries where each shell is described in greater detail. The Bourne shell is removed from the system starting with HP-UX 11i Version 1.5. Please use the POSIX shell as an alternative. Shell Descriptions The HP-UX operating system supports the following shells: POSIX-conforming command programming language and command interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell conforms to current POSIX standards in effect at the time the HP-UX system release was introduced, and is similar to the Korn shell in many respects. Similar in many respects to the Korn shell, the POSIX shell contains a history mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. Korn-shell command programming language and commands interpreter residing in file Can execute commands read from a terminal or a file. This shell, like the POSIX shell, contains a his- tory mechanism, supports job control, and provides various other useful features. A command language interpreter that incorporates a command history buffer, C-language-like syntax, and job control facilities. Restricted version of the POSIX shell command interpreter. Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. restricted version of the Korn-shell command interpreter Sets up a login name and execution environment whose capabilities are more controlled (restricted) than normal user shells. An extension of the standard Korn Shell that uses hierarchical softkey menus and context-sensitive help. +--------------+--------------------+ | To obtain: | Use the command: | +--------------+--------------------+ | POSIX Shell | /usr/bin/sh ... | | Korn Shell | /usr/bin/ksh ... | | C Shell | /usr/bin/csh ... | | Key Shell | /usr/bin/keysh | +--------------+--------------------+ These shells can also be the default invocation, depending on the entry in the file. See also chsh(1). WARNINGS
Many manual entries contain descriptions of shell behavior or describe program or application behavior similar to ``the shell'' with a ref- erence to ``see sh(1)''. SEE ALSO
For more information on the various individual shells, see: keysh(1) Key Shell description. ksh(1) Korn Shell description. sh-posix(1) POSIX Shell description. csh(1) C Shell description. sh(1)