Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to print string after colon? Post 303007383 by scriptor on Thursday 16th of November 2017 12:29:01 AM
Old 11-16-2017
Hi Andrew,

thx a lot, you explained it very well.
however I am still not able to understand explanation for this
Code:
 //g;

i an not able to understand the working as per below explanation
Code:
Delete all strings in the line that don't include the comma and end in ": ";

it will be really helpful to me if you explain it again for me

thx in advanced
Scriptor

Last edited by scriptor; 11-16-2017 at 01:29 AM.. Reason: typr error

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can I use sed to insert a string which has colon

Hi, all, I wonder if I can use sed to insert a string which has a colon. I have a txt file a.txt like the following TRAIN/DR1/FCJF0/SI1027.MFC TRAIN/DR1/FCJF0/SI1657.MFC I want to insert a string C:/TIMIT/TIMIT at the begining of each line. I use the commond: TIM=C\:/TIMIT/TIMIT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and print a string from the line below it

I know how to grep, copy and paste a string from a line. Now, what i want to do is to find a string and print a string from the line below it. To demonstrate: Name 1: ABC Age: 3 Sex: Male Name 2: DEF Age: 4 Sex: Male Output: 3 Male I know how to get "3". My biggest problem is to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the string between spaces

How to print the strings within a line between two spaces . <ns1:providerErrorCode>141</ns1:providerErrorCode> <ns1:providerErrorText>business_rule_exception-Server.404:Cannot proceed because the subscriber with phone number is either suspended or the account has an unpaid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print Following string?

Dear All, I am new to shell script.I want to print following string: "E:\OutputRef\ExtendedTestObjectModel\Test.txt" For that i am using: echo "$ADL_ODT_REF${ADL_ODT_SLASH}ExtendedTestObjectModel${ADL_ODT_SLASH}$ResultFile" where - $ADL_ODT_REF is E:\OutputRef $ADL_ODT_SLASH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sandeep Pattil
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find string and and print another string

i have a file that looks like this ABC123 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssffhhh ABC234 EMPTY ABC652 jhfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffkkkkkkkkkkkk i want to grep "EMPTY" and print ABC234 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: engr.jay
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string

Hi, Is there a way in Korn Shell that I can run multiple commands stored as a semi-colon separated string, e.g., # vs="echo a; echo b;" # $vs a; echo b; I want to be able to store commands in a variable, then run all of it once and pipe the whole output to another program without using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svhyd
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the word after the string

Hi I have a requirment here. I have to out the string after the particular word. for example i have the to extract the first word after the word disk. help me out. i have tried the folloing code but it is not giving the output which i need. awk -F"*disk " '{print $1}' grep -n -o '' file Input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of colon

There was a sample code on forum I found sometime back: $ f() { local foo=; : ${foo=unset}; declare -p foo; }; f declare -- foo="" $ f() { local foo; : ${foo=unset}; declare -p foo; }; f declare -- foo="unset" Can someone explain why was colon (:) is being used here. Whats its use? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rameshck
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a string and print all lines upto another string

Ok I would like to do the following file test contains the following lines. between the lines ABC there may be any amount of lines up to the next ABC entry. I want to grep for the filename.txt entry and print the lines in between (and including that line) up to and including the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: revaroo
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print after colon

I have entries like below in a file 11.22.33.44:80 22.33.44.55:81 :::587 :::465 What I need is to take out the part after colon ( : ) Output should be as follows. 80 81 587 465 I used cut -d: -f 2 but its not working as dedired. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)