Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Derive date and its Volume number Post 303000117 by RudiC on Tuesday 4th of July 2017 02:09:14 PM
Old 07-04-2017
Well, if it finds the search phrase, it set the boolean variable P to 1. P is evaluated, and if TRUE (or 1), the line is printed (awk default behaviour). Later, if an integer is found ($0+0 casts the line to a number or (roughly speaking) to something different if a non-number ist encountered), P is reset to 0 and printing stops.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Derive date from a calendar

I'm using AutoSys as scheduler for my application. I maintain a calendar in AutoSys which specifies when a job should run. A unix shell scripts runs on the days spceified by calendar and processes incoming files. These incoming files contain dates embedded in the filenames. My job needs to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: autouser123
2 Replies

2. AIX

Basic Filesystem / Physical Volume / Logical Volume Check

Hi! Can anyone help me on how I can do a basic check on the Unix filesystems / physical volumes and logical volumes? What items should I check, like where do I look at in smit? Or are there commands that I should execute? I need to do this as I was informed by IBM that there seems to be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Derive the Year value from the date value

Hi All, I have two dates: PREVIOUS_DAY and CURRENT_DAY. I need to test the these two values years are same or not. PREVIOUS_DAY like '%y%m%d' i.e values like 111010, 111011, 111012 etc. For CURRENT_YEAR:'date +%Y' use this command. How can derive the year value from PREVIOUS_DAY and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdathu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to derive the last Sunday's date when Current date value is passed

Hi All, I have a requirement in my project where a batch runs on any day of a week. The input files will land to the server every Sunday. I need to read these files based on the current BUS_DAY (which falls any day of the week). For e.g : if the BUS_DAY is 20120308, we need to derive the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Confusion Regarding Physical Volume,Volume Group,Logical Volume,Physical partition

Hi, I am new to unix. I am working on Red Hat Linux and side by side on AIX also. After reading the concepts of Storage, I am now really confused regarding the terminologies 1)Physical Volume 2)Volume Group 3)Logical Volume 4)Physical Partition Please help me to understand these concepts. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies
tput(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   tput(1)

NAME
tput - query terminfo database SYNOPSIS
type] capname... type] capname [parms...] DESCRIPTION
The command uses the database to make terminal-dependent capabilities and information available to the shell (see terminfo(4)). The com- mand outputs a string if the attribute (capname) is of type string, or an integer if the attribute is of type integer. If the attribute is of type boolean, simply sets the exit code for TRUE, for FALSE), and produces no output. Command-line Arguments The command recognizes the following command-line arguments: Indicates the type of terminal. Normally this flag is unnecessary because the default is taken from the environment variable capname Indicates the attribute from the database. See terminfo(4). In addition, the following capnames are supported: Echo the clear-screen sequence for the current terminal. Echo the initialize sequence for the current terminal. Echo the sequence that will reset the current terminal. parms If the capname takes optional numeric parameters, the parms will be placed in the string output by The capnames are read from stdin and multiple capnames are allowed. Only one capname is allowed per line when reading from stdin. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the locale to use. This overrides settings of other environment variables. determines the language to use for messages. determines the terminal type if the option is not specified. EXAMPLES
Echo clear-screen sequence for the current terminal. Print the number of columns for the current terminal. Print the number of columns for the 70092 terminal. Set shell variable to stand-out-mode sequence for current terminal. This might be followed by a prompt: Set exit code to indicate if current terminal is a hard copy terminal. Clear the screen, move the cursor to line 10, column 20 and turn on bold. RETURN VALUE
If capname is of type boolean, then the exit code is set to for true and for false. If capname is not of type boolean and fails, an error message is printed, and exit code is set to one of the following depending on the failure: The capability name is of type integer and does not exist. Usage error. Unknown terminal type. Unknown capability name. An error occurred. If the exit code is a is printed if a capability name of type integer is requested for a terminal that has no entry for that capability name in the database (such as FILES
Terminfo data base Definition files SEE ALSO stty(1), untic(1M), terminfo(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
tput(1)