Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX script email to outlook report format Post 302997423 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 13th of May 2017 01:22:51 AM
Old 05-13-2017
In outlook there is an option for changing the font when read in plain text emails.
You need a monospaced font..

Have a look here:
outlook change font plain text messages - Google

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to see attachment in outlook express sent by UUENCODE through unix script

Hi, I have written one script to send mail with attachment from my unix server, it is working fine, and i am capable to see the attachment in my lotus notes , but when i try to see the same thing in my outlook express ..it is completly garbaled. Please advise how to see proper attachment in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

html format email with attachment in unix

Team, I have the below code, which is working fine and it sends the html report using sendmail command. I want to attach one more file ( which goes as attachment ) in that email. How to achieve it. i tried with uuencode. But no luck :mad: outputFile="/tmp/out.html" ( echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itkamaraj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outlook Email Body Format Issue

Hello All, I been trying to get a solution for a while not able to figure out. I am generating a file and sending that as an body of message to my outlook account. For some reason reason everything is showing up as one line in the email. for i in `cat "${GEN_PARAM_LIST3}"` do ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX shell script to format output report

i am new to unix shell scripting, could someone please help me. i was asked to develop a unix script and requirement of the script is as follows: 1. In source directory, if any new files are being dropped by external system then an email should be sent out with a message saying "files are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crefi1545
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate draft email in Outlook with shell script.

Hi All, Is there any way to create a draft mail with HTML body in Outlook using Shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Girish19
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Body content is in random format while sending email from Linux to my outlook.

Hi I have a script running in lunix machine which emails log file content to my outlook. Here is the actual log file result: Image-1 In-Master:25028 ReplicaDn Consumer Supplier Delay dc=xxx,dc=com lmjker0110:12345 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzme
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display Pie Chart/Bar Graph in microsoft outlook email using UNIX commands/Shell scripts

I have a shell script which executes to write html codes into a text file. My next step is to email the text file so that receiving person (people who i send email to) should be able to see pie/chart or bar graph (whatever i design in my code) in their email. Following is the example of a sample... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikerboy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX mail Format issue : Outlook 2007 and 2013

Hi, I prepare one backup report which drop mail with backup report. Same report looks different in outlook 2013. e.g : In outlook 2013 ( its a dummy example only ) : Server Instance Database Backup Time Status ------------------- --------- --------- -------------- ----------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteshtheone
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMAIL Format in UNIX

Hi , Need help of Email Format I have TEST .txt file which contains below data /home/a.DAT File Not received /home/a.CTL File Not received /home/b.DAT File Not received /home/b.CTL File Not received i am using below command to send mail mail -s "ERROR: files" $MAIL_LIST <... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish1222
6 Replies
BASHBUG(1)						      General Commands Manual							BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--version] [--help] [email-address] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a shell script to help the user compose and mail bug reports concerning bash in a standard format. bashbug invokes the editor specified by the environment variable EDITOR on a temporary copy of the bug report format outline. The user must fill in the appropriate fields and exit the editor. bashbug then mails the completed report to bug-bash@gnu.org, or email-address. If the report cannot be mailed, it is saved in the file dead.bashbug in the invoking user's home directory. The bug report format outline consists of several sections. The first section provides information about the machine, operating system, the bash version, and the compilation environment. The second section should be filled in with a description of the bug. The third sec- tion should be a description of how to reproduce the bug. The optional fourth section is for a proposed fix. Fixes are encouraged. ENVIRONMENT
bashbug will utilize the following environment variables if they exist: EDITOR Specifies the preferred editor. If EDITOR is not set, bashbug defaults to emacs. HOME Directory in which the failed bug report is saved if the mail fails. TMPDIR Directory in which to create temporary files and directories. SEE ALSO
bash(1) AUTHORS
Brian Fox, Free Software Foundation bfox@gnu.org Chet Ramey, Case Western Reserve University chet@po.cwru.edu GNU Bash-4.0 1998 July 30 BASHBUG(1)