Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux router help needed
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Linux router help needed Post 302996390 by apoklyps3 on Tuesday 25th of April 2017 12:57:26 PM
Old 04-25-2017
it's a router. couldn't care less if they apreciate it or not, I might just even disable their remote connection to it if I get my way.
Hopefuly I will intercept de next firmware and get what I need.
it's not openwrt compatible yet and I wouldn't flash it to that anyway , because it's a gigabit router and being closed source openwrt would come without hardware NAT , wich means only 100MBps speed limit.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Linux Router?

I am trying to set up a linux box as a router, but I am a little confused on how to do this. I am using Red Hat 9.0 on a machine that has 2 nic cards. Also, I am using a DSL pppoe connection. I have installed rp-pppoe and I am connected to the internet via the pseudo pppoe interface. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cstovall
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Help needed in IPTables firewall/router setup - Linux

HI all, I have setup IPTables firewall/Router and my home network, with address space 192.168.10.XXX Form my private network hosts, i can ping the gateway ( 192.168.10.101 ) , but the reverse is not happening. Can someone help me as of what i need to do, so that i can ping my private... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandan_m
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help needed- script failing if router unavailable

Hey all. Sometimes I'm tasked to change some router configs for the entire network (over 3,000 Cisco routers). Most of the time its a global config parameter so its done with a loop and an IP list as its the same configuration change for all routers. This is working OK. However, sometimes an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrkz1974
3 Replies
mrinfo(1M)																mrinfo(1M)

NAME
mrinfo - Multicast Routing Configuration Information Tool SYNOPSIS
debuglevel] retries] timeout] [ multicast-router ] DESCRIPTION
requests the configuration information from the multicast-ourter, and prints the information to the standard out. multicast-router can be either an IP address or a system name. sends out the ASK_NEIGHBORS igmp message to the specified multicast-router, when the router receives the request, it sends back its configuration information. If the multicast-router is not specified, the request is sent the local router. The the configuration information for each interface is printed in the following format: If there are multiple neighbor routers on one interface, they will all be reported on the output. The possible values for flag are: Neighbors are reached via tunnel. The tunnel uses IP source routing. The interface is down. The interface is administratively disabled for multicast routing. The local router is the querier of the subnet. Please see mrouted(1M) for and The command line options are: Sets the level for printing out the debug message. The default is 0, only error and warning messages will be printed. Debug level three prints most the messages. Sets the retry times to pull the routing daemon for information. The default is 3. Specifies the timeout value in seconds for waiting the reply. The default value is 4. EXAMPLE
The following is an example of quering the multicasting configuration from the local routing daemon. 127.0.0.1 (localhost) [version 3.3]: 15.13.106.144 -> 15.13.106.145 (hpntcbs.cup.hp.com) [10/1/querier] 193.2.1.39 -> 0.0.0.0 (all-zeros-broadcast) [1/1/disabled] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.255.176.33 (matmos.hpl.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel] 15.13.106.144 -> 15.17.20.7 (hpspddc.vid.hp.com) [10/1/tunnel/down] Note must be run as root. AUTHOR
was developed by Van Jacobson. SEE ALSO
mrouted(1M), map-mbone(1M). mrinfo(1M)