Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Reducing input file size after pattern search Post 302996347 by Xterra on Monday 24th of April 2017 03:15:38 PM
Old 04-24-2017
Don
Thank you very much! That worked like a charm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. Programming

reducing size of executeable in C under Unix

Hi, Could any one tell me how to reduce the size of an executable file of C under Unix. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
2 Replies

3. Solaris

reducing to root file size

My root file size has reached 80% and I am looking where all i can reduce the file size . Here is the output of top directories in / . To me none of this looks useful but not sure . We use an appplication and email. Which all can be deleted . Please advise . 2016989 989445 /var 930059 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to assign the Pattern Search string as Input Variable

guys, I need to know how to assing pattern matched string as an input command variable. Here it goes' My script is something like this. ./routing.sh <Server> <enable|disable> ## This Script takes an input <Server> variable from this line of the script ## echo $1 | egrep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reducing the decimal points of numbers (3d coordinates) in a file; how to input data to e.g. Python

I have a file full of coordinates of the form: 37.68899917602539 58.07500076293945 57.79100036621094 The numbers don't always have the same number of decimal points. I need to reduce the decimal points of all the numbers (there are 128 rows of 3 numbers) to 2. I have tried to do this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern in a file taking input from another file

Hi, Below is my requirement File1: svasjsdhvassdvasdhhgvasddhvasdhasdjhvasdjsahvasdjvdasjdvvsadjhv vdjvsdjasvdasdjbasdjbasdjhasbdasjhdbjheasbdasjdsajhbjasbjasbhddjb svfsdhgvfdshgvfsdhfvsdadhfvsajhvasjdhvsajhdvsadjvhasjhdvjhsadjahs File2: sdh hgv I need a command such that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: imrandec85
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command to search pattern corresponding to input from user

One more question: I want to grep "COS_12_TM_4 pattern from a file look likes : "COS_12_TM_4" " ];I am taking scan_out as the input from the user. How to search "COS_12_TM_4" in the file which is corresponds to scan_out (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
ISO-INFO(1)							   User Commands						       ISO-INFO(1)

NAME
iso-info - manual page for iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu SYNOPSIS
iso-info OPTION... Shows Information about an ISO 9660 image. DESCRIPTION
-d, --debug=INT Set debugging to LEVEL -i, --input[=FILE] Filename to read ISO-9960 image from -f Generate output similar to 'find . -print' -l, --iso9660 Generate output similar to 'ls -lR' --no-header Don't display header and copyright (for regression testing) --no-joliet Don't use Joliet-extension information --no-rock-ridge Don't use Rock-Ridge-extension information --no-xa Don't use XA-extension information -q, --quiet Don't produce warning output -V, --version display version and copyright information and exit Help options: -?, --help Show this help message --usage Display brief usage message AUTHOR
Rocky Bernstein <rocky@gnu.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011 R. Bernstein This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Have driver: GNU/Linux ioctl and MMC driver Have driver: cdrdao (TOC) disk image driver Have driver: bin/cuesheet disk image driver Have driver: Nero NRG disk image driver Default CD-ROM device: /dev/scd0 SEE ALSO
cd-info(1) for information about an ISO-9660 image. cd-read(1) to read portions of an ISO 9660 image. iso-info version 0.83 i686-pc-linux-gnu October 2011 ISO-INFO(1)