Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove the lines with this pattern? Post 302995403 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 5th of April 2017 12:43:11 PM
Old 04-05-2017
Hi, try:
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{A[$1,$2]; next} !(($2,$1) in A)' file file

--
Note: the file needs to be specified twice
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep for a particular pattern and remove few lines above top and bottom of the patter

grep for a particular pattern and remove 5 lines above the pattern and 6 lines below the pattern root@server1 # cat filename Shell Programming and Scripting test1 Shell Programminsada asda dasd asd Shell Programming and Scripting Post New Thread Shell Programming and S sadsa ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
17 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to remove all lines from a file before a line starting with pattern

hi,, i hav a file with many lines.i need to remove all lines before a line begginning with a specific pattern from the file because these lines are not required. Can u help me out with either a perl script or shell script example:- if file initially contains lines: a b c d .1.2 d e f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from batch of files which match pattern

I need to remove all lines which does not match the pattern from a text file (batch of text files). I also need to keep the header line which is the first line of the file. Please can you provide an example for that. I used this to solve half of my work. I was unable to keep the first line of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: talktobog
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK to remove lines that matches a specific pattern

Hi, I have requirement that I need to split my input file into two files based on a search pattern "abc" For eg. my input file has below content abc defgh zyx I need file 1 with abc and file2 with defgh zyx I can use grep command to acheive this. But with grep I need... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbhuvana20
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for pattern and remove the lines

Hi , I want to remove the specific pattern and remove those lines from file using shell script. i want to remove these lines <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <row_set> </row_set> my input file has content like this. file name: sample.xml <?xml version='1.0'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nukala_2
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines that match pattern

Not sure how I can accomplish this. I would like to remove all interfaces that have the commands I would like to see: switchport port-security, spanning-tree portfast. One line is no problem. interface FastEthernet0/8 spanning-tree portfast interface FastEthernet0/9 spanning-tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remove/grab lines from file with pattern from other file

Sorry for the weird title but i have the following problem. We have several files which have between 10000 and about 500000 lines in them. From these files we want to remove lines which contain a pattern which is located in another file (around 20000 lines, all EAN codes). We also want to get... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDohmen
28 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to remove next 15 lines after pattern in Solaris

Team, I am trying to use sed to delete 15 lines, after pattern patch, which includes the pattern as well in Solaris. I used the below command, as we do it Linux, but it's not working as expected in Solaris. I am getting the error as "garbled".sed '/\/table/,+15d' status.html sed: command... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagaraj R
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to remove pattern and lines above pattern

In the awk below I am trying to remove all lines above and including the pattern Test or Test2. Each block is seperated by a newline and Test2 also appears in the lines to keep but it will always have additional text after it. The Test to remove will not. The awk executed until the || was added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)