Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Drive Offline on echo | format Post 302994878 by hicksd8 on Wednesday 29th of March 2017 06:04:56 AM
Old 03-29-2017
What is the connection between a local drive being 'offline' and EMC luns being used?

Was the offline drive part of a cluster configuration?

It is possible that the drive's mode pages have been left in an inconsistent state.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Format Hard Drive in Linux

What Command do I need to use to Format my hard Drive in Linux. Please help me out. -Regards -Iftikhar:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

format 2nd scsi drive

I have an sco unix v/386 version 4.26 open server. I need to add a 2nd scsi hard drive. I don't know how to partition & format it as a bootable drive & mount it. I know this is easy but I'm not familiar. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bluebourbon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

format unix hard drive on windows xp

Hello, How is it possible to copy the partition of hard drive that have unix on it (it's a scsi hard drive of an Irix (SGI)), under windows xp - what I did till now is to connect the drive to the my pc (windows xp installed) with a scsi adapter and the program partition magic can't recognize the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moyalt
2 Replies

4. Solaris

<drive type unknown> when format command run

Hi, we are running solaris 9 on V280R. Due to power failure, one disk's label and lost its details like drive type etc. Disk details: <SUN72G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 424> single partition on slice 6 with UFS. The below i see when i run "format" command ..... ..... 4.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo + bc + format

Hi, I was trying to define a variable as a result of an operation, b=` echo $a+1 | bc -l` with a specific format (5 digits integer completing with zeros, 00025, for example) c=` printf "%05d\n" b ` Does anyone how can it be done in one step in bash shell to get the formatted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josegr
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Can not Format USB hard drive

Hey i have a new USB 320GB harddrive i want to use in my Solaris 10 enviroment. i first had the drive format in windows with FAT32, Solaris was able to auto mount this drive and everything was fine, until i realised that it would not except files greater then 4gb, due to the limitations of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

USB drive going offline

Hello all, I have a USB drive mounted on a linux RHEL 4 server which goes offline every now n then. Here are some logs : --------------------------------------------- # lsusb Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000 Bus 002... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunny_a_j
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column format using echo in aix

Hi Friends, I have the following values in echo "$csi_tas_id" echo "$platform" echo "$region" I want to display these values as shown below: CSI_TAS_ID | PLATFORM | REGION 123 | UNIX | SG 231 | AIX ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Grant unprivileged user rights to see the output of echo|format but not modify disks

anyone have any idea how do to this with auth_attr? I suspect if I grant him solaris.device.:RO::Device Allocation::help=DevAllocHeader.html that will work but I'm unsure. Just looking for a second opinion. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Drive is showing offline in the /var/adm/messages and shows "drive type unknown" in the format outpu

Hi, I am facing issue with one of the drive is solaris 10. it is showing offline in the messages file scsi: WARNING: /pci@2,600000/QLGC,qlc@0/fp@0,0/ssd@w5006016746e00b1b,0 (ssd0): drive offline genunix: WARNING: Page83 data not standards compliant DGC LUNZ 0430 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prasanth T K
1 Replies
HD(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     HD(4)

NAME
hd - MFM/IDE hard disk devices DESCRIPTION
The hd* devices are block devices to access MFM/IDE hard disk drives in raw mode. The master drive on the primary IDE controller (major device number 3) is hda; the slave drive is hdb. The master drive of the second controller (major device number 22) is hdc and the slave hdd. General IDE block device names have the form hdX, or hdXP, where X is a letter denoting the physical drive, and P is a number denoting the partition on that physical drive. The first form, hdX, is used to address the whole drive. Partition numbers are assigned in the order the partitions are discovered, and only nonempty, nonextended partitions get a number. However, partition numbers 1-4 are given to the four partitions described in the MBR (the "primary" partitions), regardless of whether they are unused or extended. Thus, the first logi- cal partition will be hdX5. Both DOS-type partitioning and BSD-disklabel partitioning are supported. You can have at most 63 partitions on an IDE disk. For example, /dev/hda refers to all of the first IDE drive in the system; and /dev/hdb3 refers to the third DOS "primary" partition on the second one. They are typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/hda b 3 0 mknod -m 660 /dev/hda1 b 3 1 mknod -m 660 /dev/hda2 b 3 2 ... mknod -m 660 /dev/hda8 b 3 8 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb b 3 64 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb1 b 3 65 mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb2 b 3 66 ... mknod -m 660 /dev/hdb8 b 3 72 chown root:disk /dev/hd* FILES
/dev/hd* SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), sd(4), mount(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-12-17 HD(4)