Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute a script based on status of embedded script Post 302994521 by Don Cragun on Thursday 23rd of March 2017 08:01:55 PM
Old 03-23-2017
Change first.ksh to:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
! /tmp/second.ksh && exit 1
rm /tmp/list

and change second.ksh to:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

if [ -f /tmp/list ]
then	echo "Found LIST..."
	echo "Are these values correct: Enter y/Y for YES to CONTINUE or n/N for NO to exit: \c"
	read ACCEPT
	if [ "$ACCEPT" = "Y" ] || [ "$ACCEPT" = "y" ]
	then	exit 0
	else	echo "You have chosen to exit !"
		exit 1
	fi
else	echo "LIST does not exist!!"
	exit 2
fi

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Embedded SQL in AWK script

Hi All, Can I use AWK script to read data from Oracle table (some embedded SQL perhaps) The reason for this that I have a data file and I need to do some basic validations of the data in the file with some statistical figures related to the data file that I have stored in a Oracle table. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

trigger a script based on the run status of another scipt

Im a newbee.. I have a script which runs few times daily. I want to write another script which should pick up the latest log generated from the last run of the first job and trigger a thrid script if the first script runs successfuly. Please help... Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Athena
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell script with embedded Sybase SQL

Hi, I need a simple (as possible) Bourne shell script that takes an input file of adminID's and spits out a list of adminID's and related tradeID's. Both adminID and tradeID are columns in a Sybase database table called "trades", in which they have a one-to-one relationship. adminID is a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatieremerrill
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning return value of an embedded SQL in a shell script variable

I've a script of the following form calling a simple sql that counts the no of rows as based on some conditions. I want the count returned by the sql to get assigned to the variable sql_ret_val1. However I'm finding that this var is always getting assigned a value of 0. I have verified by executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MxC
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script which takes two inputs based on that execute othe scripts

Hi, I am using solaris 10 bash shell.this might a small script but i am not much familiar with scripting. My requirement here is script should prompt for users two opions like this "please select either any one option makefile or make& build file". if the user selects make file option... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the exit status of a command in nner script to the outer script?

Hi all, I have a shell script inside which i am executing another shell script. In the inner script im executing a command. i want the status of that command in the outer script to perform some validations. How to get its status please help!!1 Im using ksh. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for HP Embedded Web Server

Hi, In our company we have serveral HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g printers. I would like to create one addressbook (in CSV format) and import it to all our printers If i go to the settings of my network printer by ip address: /#hId-EmailContacts in my browser I don't see an option ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eclectica1
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script for continuously checking status of a another script running in background, and immedia

Hi, I want to write a script which continuously checking status of a script running in background by nohup command. And if same script is not running then immediately start the script...please help.. i am using below command to run script nohup system_traps.sh & but in some... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need output of script on screen and file with correct return status of the called script.

Hi, I am trying to capture logs of the script in the file as well as on the screen. I have used exec and tee command for this. While using exec command I am getting the correct output in the file but, script output is not getting displayed on the screen as it get executed. Below is my sample... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
14 Replies
let(1)								   User Commands							    let(1)

NAME
let - shell built-in function to evaluate one or more arithmetic expressions SYNOPSIS
ksh let arg... ksh93 let [expr...] DESCRIPTION
ksh Each arg is a separate arithmetic expression to be evaluated. ksh93 let evaluates each expr in the current shell environment as an arithmetic expression using ANSI C syntax. Variables names are shell vari- ables and they are recursively evaluated as arithmetic expressions to get numerical values. let has been made obsolete by the ((...)) syn- tax of ksh93(1) which does not require quoting of the operators to pass them as command arguments. EXIT STATUS
ksh ksh returns the following exit values: 0 The value of the last expression is non-zero. 1 The value of the last expression is zero. ksh93 ksh93 returns the following exit values: 0 The last expr evaluates to a non-zero value. >0 The last expr evaluates to 0 or an error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), ksh93(1), set(1), typeset(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 2 Nov 2007 let(1)