Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unable to do grep in a script Post 302994383 by dsid on Wednesday 22nd of March 2017 10:10:58 AM
Old 03-22-2017
Hi, I am pasting the complete code meanwhile I am editing the script accoding to vgersh99's advise. Hope, I am able to make some sense. Please let me know if you need any other information

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#static value assignment to a variable

list_file=lst	   #taking a variable into extraction list file

enc_tar_xtnsn=tar.gz.enc	#taking a variable into extraction encrypted file 

xtr_flptrn1=bw3-syst_INST 	#taking a variable into extraction file path

#main_scp=/usr/local/scripts/omniadm/omnftppasrv/extract.sh  #main extraction script

echo "Enter file processing date [YYYYMMDD]"
read file_x_date       

echo "Inst nu:"
read inst_nmb      

#breaking 80byte_flnm into YYYYMM and DD

yr_mnth=`echo "${file_x_date}"|awk '{print substr($0,1,6)}'`

only_dt=`echo "${file_x_date}"|awk '{print substr($0,7,8)}'`

#variable value assigned dynamically based on static value assignemnt above

xtr_flnm_list="${xtr_flptrn1}""${inst_nmb}"-"{$file_x_date}"\."{$list_file}"    #taking a variable into extraction file name

#---echo $xtr_flnm_list

xfile_pth=/backup/omnftppasrv/bw3/"${yr_mnth}"  # storing extraction file path into a variable

#---echo $xfile_pth

enc_tar_filename="${xtr_flptrn1}""${inst_nmb}"-"${file_x_date}"\."${enc_tar_xtnsn}"

#---echo $enc_tar_filename

#cmptl_extr_list_file=$xfile_pth/$xtr_flnm_list	#storing complete file name with path into a variable

#echo $cmptl_extr_list_file

cmptl_extr_enc_file="${xfile_pth}"/"${enc_tar_filename}"

echo $cmptl_extr_enc_file

echo "filename to extract"
read flnm_80byte    

if [[ "$flnm_80byte" =~ .*\.prc ]]
	then
		echo "correct file name"
	elif [[ "$flnm_80byte" =~ .*\.inc ]]
	  then
		  strppd_flname=`echo $flnm_80byte|awk '{print substr($0, 1, length($0) - 4)}'`
		  flnm_80BYTE=$strppd_flname\.prc
		  echo $flnm_80BYTE
	  else
		  flnm_80BYTE=$flnm_80byte\.prc
		  echo $flnm_80BYTE

fi

#building regex for date searching
regex="{$yr_mnth}"\[0-9\]\[0-9\]

#building date searching regex list file
xtr_regex="${xtr_flptrn1}${inst_nmb}-${regex}\.${list_file}"

cmptl_extr_list_file="${xfile_pth}"/"${xtr_regex}"	#storing complete file name with path into a variable

echo $cmptl_extr_list_file

#grepping the filename from list file
/bin/grep "${flnm_80BYTE}" "${cmptl_extr_list_file}"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the following pattern

I have the following line in file1 elif ; then now if i try to grep this using following command grep -e "elif ; then" file1 it is showing nothing... how to grep such patterns (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or awk problem, unable to extract numbers

Hi, I've trouble getting some numbers from a html-file. The thing is that I have several html-logs that contains lines like this: nerdnerd, how_old_r_u:45782<br>APPLY: <hour_second> Verification succeded This is some of what I've extracted from a html file but all I really want is the number... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: baghera
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file is not getting created & unable to grep error from it

Hi All, Below is my code,what I am trying to do is redirecting output of ftp to a log file & then greping the errors but here I am unable to grep "Permission denied" error only & also the corresponding log file is also not getting created. #!/bin/sh . cfg USER='abc' PASSWD='abc123' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep control/non printable characters

Unable to grep: Able to grep: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to grep the running processes.

Hi All, We have a shell script(ODS_Load)which loads the data from perticular flat file to oracle table invoking sqlplus based on the parameter. When we execute the script(ODS_Load) independently, script is working fine and able to load the tables successfully. We invoke(ODS_Load) with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagaraja Akkiva
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to match grep pattern

Hi All, I am trying to select all files in a directory which are not with .gz extension . for which I am using below script , but its rejecting both .gz and .z extension files,as in each letter is considered separately. PFB ls -lrt | awk '{print $9}'| egrep "^IRAMS.*$" please suggest... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to grep the reqd field

hi all, i have a data sm thg like this 28504 0 abc 148782859 42 101M nhmmmm ilopo abc 2345432 i want to get only the field which is just aftr abc i,e., 148782859, 2345432 i have used grep /abc\t/ filename to get that but its not working can any 1 help me out (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to grep

I have a file with 2 lines of code Rome is in Romeo Romeo is in Rome How do I grep, so that only last line would be the outcome. sample output Romeo is in Rome I have tried with all possible greps but its resulting in both the lines in output. Please help. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep the process

I have user1 run a script called logginexpert.sh while has this line of code sleep 888I then login to another putty session with another user2 and try to grep for the logginexpert.sh process using ps -ef | grep exSunOS mymac 5.11 11.2 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise But, i dont get any... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to grep using wildcard in a file.

I wish to check if my file has a line that does not start with '#' and has 1. Listen and 2. 443 echo "Listen 443" > test.out grep 'Listen *443' test.out | grep -v '#' Listen 443 The above worked fine but when the entry changes to the below the grep fails... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)