Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Replacing a failed disk using SVM Post 302993658 by MadeInGermany on Monday 13th of March 2017 08:49:52 AM
Old 03-13-2017
Do you have the bad disk still in?
Do you have a new disk already?
This link seems to be okay for Solaris 10.
Read it twice (at least)!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Disk replacement with svm

I dont even know what raid level this is, but its raid 5 mirrored from the looks of it. I have a failed disk (t12) within this mirror. What is the best way to replace this disk? 2 things concern me, isn't there a command to prepare the disk for a hot swap? and what should i do with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Disk Replacement SVM

Hello, Can someone advise the proper procedure for replacing a mirrored disk in SVM. I have checked the docs and various websites but the procedure seems to vary. This is what I would do... 1. Remove the db replicas from the bad disk. 2. Detach it from the mirror 3. Clear it with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Actuator
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Removing Disk from SVM

Hi All, I have to remove the disk from SVM. Kindly guide me or suggest me some link where in I can steps to remove SVM from Solaris 10 .Also I have one metaset which require deletion. Thanks in anticipation! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
10 Replies

4. Solaris

mirroring root disk using svm - but no free slices for metadb's

Hi all, we have an existing system that was configured using just one of the (two) internal disks. I want to mirror the disk using SVM, but have realised there is no free slice for creating the metadb's. Is there a workaround I can use for this? In the past we have always kept slice 7 free -... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Disk space missing under SVM

Hi Gurus, I've got an issue here: (1) Hardware: Sun NetraT1, (2) OS: Solaris 10, (3) SVM metastat shows /var having 12 GB. df shows /var having 4 GB. Real space for /var is about 4 GB since I can't move a big file to it. How is 8 GB space missing? Does /var/run swap need to account? Can I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Command to find the failed disks in SVM and VxVM

How to find & replace bad disks in solaris & VXVM?plz explain step by step? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtreams
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Root Disk mirroring in SVM

Dear All, Please help me to configure root mirroring using SVM in Solaris 9. Thanks and Regards, Lakkireddy BR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Replacing a hard disk (SVM) with a soft partition?

The following is the summarry:- 1) Four disks in server ie (c1t0d0. c1t1d0, c1t2d0, c1t3d0). c1t2d0 is the disk to be replaced. c1t0d0 and c1t2d0 are mirrors. c1t1d0 and c1t3d0 are mirrors. Metadb to be deleted is in c1t2d0s7 a) Mirror d35 has 2 submirrors d38 and d39 d38 is a stripe... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aji1729
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Root disk mirroring in SVM

I tried doing rootdisk mirroring in my local host , i added a new Ide disk in my system and copied the prtvtoc from root disk to the newly added disk, and then when i tried to add database replicas on both the disks, it was added for boot disk but for the newly added disk i gave the error, which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laxxi
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Replacing a Disk in a ODS/SVM Mirror

Hi All BAsed on the below I would like to verifu two things (1) The udnerlying mirroris for '/mnt' na dit onlcy contaisne 1 sub-mirror, with one sliceon is one disk and hence, data loss on the mount point (the mount point, '/mnt' is backed up) (2) the Procedure for renewal # df -kh /mnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevie_velvet
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)