Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using pipe command between process and concatenate Post 302993200 by RudiC on Tuesday 7th of March 2017 02:37:06 PM
Old 03-07-2017
Try
Code:
VAR=$(awk -F"/" '/CD\/39\/AT\/CDH_BV_ODS/ {print $1 FS}' Bteq_Xport_GetLstStdViewToBuild__1274.txt)

Can't be tested as the input file has not been posted.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to concatenate two command in one line and get the display in one screen

Hi, I would like to know , how to concatenate two command in one line and get the display in one screen for eg command 1 : ls -l /data/logs command 2 : ls -l /data/errors output shd be /data/logs /data/errors xx-xx-xx-xx abc.log xx-xx-xx-xx... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasikaran
9 Replies

2. Programming

sychronize process using pipe?

can pipe sychronize thread or process? because I'm trying to create 5 thread or process that can take an integer value and display it. each time a thread display the value, it has to be decrement it by 1 until the value has reach 0. The problem that I'm having is how can that integer value be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saipkjai
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.3 - There is no process to read data written to a pipe

I have the following code which works on AIX 4.3 but fails at times on AIX 5.3 with: cat: 0652-054 cannot write to output. There is no process to read data written to a pipe. validator="${validator_exe} ${validator_parms}" cmd_line="${CAT} ${data_file} | ${validator}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigsgb
6 Replies

4. Programming

Two way Pipe Process

Hi.. I am hoping someone could assist me with the pipe program I wrote below. I want to have communication from parent to child and then child to parent.. Is my logic right? int p,p1; pipe(p); pipe(p1); pid_t pid = fork(); if(pid == 0) { close(p); close(p1); dup2(p,0);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: therome
1 Replies

5. AIX

Tape drive problem - no process to read data written to a pipe

Hi Everyone, The machine I'm working on is an AIX 5.3 LPAR running on a P650. oslevel -r shows 5300-08. I'm trying to take a backup to a SCSI tape drive, which has been working up until this point. I know of nothing that has changed recently to cause this problem. But when I try to take a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: need2bageek
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I pipe stderr to another process

Hi there, I was wondering if it was possible to pipe stderr to another process. I need to eval commands given as arguments and I would like to redirect stderr to another process. I can redirect stderr to a file like this... toto:~$ command="one=1" toto:~$ eval $command 2> error toto:~$... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No process to read data written to a pipe on AIX

We use SAP application cluster on AIX. Communication between 2 of its instances is failing randomly with the following error: java.net.SocketException: There is no process to read data written to a pipe. The above error causes a cluster restart if an important communication fails. Can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
0 Replies

8. Programming

Communicate with multiple process using named pipe

how to read and write on pipes to communicate with each other? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimesh
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot make pipe for process substitution: Too many open files

Hi, I've came across an issue with a script I've been writing to check DHCP addresses on an Solaris system, the script has been running reasonably well, until it hit the following problem: ./sub_mon_v2: redirection error: cannot duplicate fd: Too many open files ./sub_mon_v2: cannot make... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CiCa
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to get exact tomcat process I am running ignoring other java process

Team, I have multiple batchjobs running in VM, if I do ps -ef |grep java or tomcat I am getting multiple process list. How do I get my exact tomcat process running and that is unique? via shell script? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghanshyam Ratho
4 Replies
PIPE(2) 							System Calls Manual							   PIPE(2)

NAME
pipe - create an interprocess channel SYNOPSIS
pipe(fildes) int fildes[2]; DESCRIPTION
The pipe system call creates an I/O mechanism called a pipe. The file descriptors returned can be used in read and write operations. When the pipe is written using the descriptor fildes[1] up to 4096 bytes of data are buffered before the writing process is suspended. A read using the descriptor fildes[0] will pick up the data. Writes with a count of 4096 bytes or less are atomic; no other process can inter- sperse data. It is assumed that after the pipe has been set up, two (or more) cooperating processes (created by subsequent fork calls) will pass data through the pipe with read and write calls. The Shell has a syntax to set up a linear array of processes connected by pipes. Read calls on an empty pipe (no buffered data) with only one end (all write file descriptors closed) returns an end-of-file. SEE ALSO
sh(1), read(2), write(2), fork(2) DIAGNOSTICS
The function value zero is returned if the pipe was created; -1 if too many files are already open. A signal is generated if a write on a pipe with only one end is attempted. BUGS
Should more than 4096 bytes be necessary in any pipe among a loop of processes, deadlock will occur. ASSEMBLER
(pipe = 42.) sys pipe (read file descriptor in r0) (write file descriptor in r1) PIPE(2)