Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If statement fails with integer expression expected Post 302992954 by vgersh99 on Friday 3rd of March 2017 06:07:19 PM
Old 03-03-2017
there's probably a hidden/trailing space in htcount.
Could you try and post the output?
Code:
htcount=$(curl -s --user tomcatstatus:tomcatstatus http://`hostname`.mypc.com:887/manager/jmxproxy?qry=Catalina:type=ThreadPool,name=\"http-nio-887\" |grep sBusy | cut -d ' ' -f2)
echo "[${htcount}]"

also modify the if line to this:
Code:
if [ "${htcount}" -ge 10 ]; then

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer Expression Expected

Cannot figure out what the error is on line #10 I was trying to change my login prompt though I've success with that this shows up as well. Here's what I have (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moonunit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

:integer expression expected

Hi, echo $i until || do read NUM if && ; then printf "$FBOLD\nInvalid number, please enter valid backup number: $FREG" fi done Getting below error : ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: : integer expression expected ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer Expression Expected!?!?

Ok, so I am beggining a script to factor the time difference from when a user logs on to current time but before I can even get too far I am getting the INTEGER EXPRESSION EXPECTED error. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? lhour=$(who | grep "$1" | cut -c30,31); lmin=$(who | grep "$1"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: losingit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected

Newb here echo "$yesterdaysclose" echo "$close" if ; then echo "stocks moving up" elif ; then echo "stock is moving down" else echo "no change" fi seems to evaluate the floating decimal correctly however returns ./shellscript1.sh: line 17: [: : integer expression expected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harte
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi Guys, when i run the below script its showing error "integer expression expected" script pasted below: #!/bin/sh for i in {1..$2} do if then scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-0$i . else scp server1:/root/file.2012-$1-$i . fi done (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga39
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I have placed the script and running successfully on AIX However in Linux it throws integer expression expected Could some one please help me to fix this MaxThreshold4alert=`echo "$MaxCapacitycnt*(80/100)" |bc -l` echo $MaxThreshold4alert Error: 40.00000000000000000000: integer... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajothi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need some help with this if but then it says line 11: I don't know what I'm doing wrong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: margg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am getting the below error while comparing the month of a file to current month. I am using ls -lrth to get the month of that file and while using the if else condition i am getting the below error.. a1=`ls -lrth abc.txt | awk '{print substr($6,1,3)}'` This gives me the month from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaituteja
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hello , This is the piece of the code which is giving me trouble if ;then exit_proc "${SOURCEDIR}/${OUT_FILE} does not exists or not readable" 2 else word_count=`wc -l < ${SOURCEDIR}/$OUT_FILE` fi if ;then exit_proc "Word_count is more than allowed limit" 1 else... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sri3001
6 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)