Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with sourcing a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue with sourcing a file Post 302988646 by mohtashims on Friday 30th of December 2016 07:44:37 AM
Old 12-30-2016
Tools Issue with sourcing a file

I have a issue.sh script

Code:
more issue.sh
#!/bin/bash -e
echo "start"
source ~/.moht
echo "end"

Contents of ~/.moht are as below

Code:
more ~/.moht
umask 022
export EDITOR=vi
SYSNM=`uname -n`
UID=`id`
HOST=`hostname`

Executing of issue.sh throws the below error

Code:
./issue.sh
start
/opt/user1/.moht: line 4: UID: readonly variable

Can you please explain why i see this error & how to fix it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

arguments in sourcing file

Hello ! I want to make a script like that. #!/bin/csh -f setenv toto me setenv titi you setenv tata $1 in which tata is visible outside the script, after sourcing this script. It seems that you can only do source script and not source script arg How can I do that ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nathe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sourcing the .bashrc

Hello, I am quite new to Linux... I need to set some aliases and I can't get it to work. Can somebody tell me what's wrong? I modified the .bashrc file in my home directory. I added: alias pmv= '/home/vera/MGLTools-1.4.5/share/bin/pmv' saved it and ran source .bashrc The shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nusy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Nested Sourcing files.

Hi, I have a script #!/bin/ksh #reading parameters. . FileA Echo ...... ...... File A has all parameters. FileA: Infile=xyz.com outfile=abc.com #Userid file . FileB FileB: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sourcing .profile for other users

Hi Team, Thank you for your time. i have a situation where the user IDs of the applicatio users have been locked down to Read only. Hence I am writing a script to invoke their old .profile every time they login. My problem is : when i run . $userpath/.profile from within the ksh script... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitha111
9 Replies

5. Red Hat

Crontab sourcing PATH?

Hi, Im trying to run script A which requires path /sbin. I have a crontab entry to run script A every 10 minutes. Script A is executed fine by cron, but because script A requires /sbin in its path it fails to run. My situation is script A get overwritten from time to time so I can't modify... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonee
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing as root automatically

Hey everyone! I have my .bash_profile file which is read automatically when I launch Terminal therefore I can run my own functions. BUT. When I do: sudo -s sudo su sudo su - No matter what I do, I can't get the .bash_profile file to be sourced automatically so I end up having to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing variables from another script

My manager required that i keep the hostnames and username and password in a separate file when creating my sftp script. (Don't mention passwords and sftp...I've talk to him about this several times) I have a list of hostnames that have to be read in a loop in my main script. I don't know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question On Sourcing Variables

I have 2 scripts first script would call second script. test1.sh #!/bin/bash logfile=`basename $0`.log echo "First File" >> $logfile TIME=`ls -lu array.ksh | awk '{print $6" "$7" "$8}'` . /home/infrmtca/bin/Test/test2.sh #/home/infrmtca/bin/Test/test2.sh test2.sh #!/bin/bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sourcing Env file with eval works with ksh but not BASH

Hi, I am running this on Redhat 5.10 I have a simple test script called test.sh which has the following contents and it uses the BASH shebang. ------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash eval `/tmp/filereader.pl /tmp/envfile.txt` echo "TESTPATH=$TESTPATH" ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
28 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sourcing file from parent directory bash

"Debian 9 64x - LXDE" I try to source a file from my parent directory: #!/bin/bash #source.bash . ../links.bash but i get "file not found". I tried . "../links.bash" and . '../links.bash'. I got on all methods the same result. If i use the absolute path it works, but i don't want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: int3g3r
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)