Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly Post 302987509 by ASF Studio on Sunday 11th of December 2016 11:15:39 AM
Old 12-11-2016
Work with setsid to open a session and close it correctly

I would like to create the following script:
  • run a python script with setsid
  • python may or may not fail with exception
  • check if all of the group processes were terminated correctly
  • if not, kill the remaining processes

How can I do that?

Thanks a lot

Last edited by rbatte1; 12-12-2016 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: Converted to formatted list

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

vsft doesn't work correctly

I install vsftpd server on 2 SUSE 10.2 servers. The first works perfectly, but the second doesn't work how I expect. The second works only over local network and doesn't over internet. The vsftpd.conf and ../xinetd.d/vsftpd are the same in 2 servers. The only different was when I threw to log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhivko.neychev
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command to close telent session when login incorrect

i need a command to close telnet session wen login incorrect..i want to embed it into my perl script for telnet to check for login incorrect error. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Programming

Cannot get dbx to work correctly with a running process

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a few weeks now. I'm trying to debug a running process with dbx on an AIX box. The command I'm using is 'dbx -a <pid> core' There is a function I can perform in my application that crashes this process, but it does not show up as crashed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctote
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to close telnet session from script

Hello people, I am creating a script that will alert me in an ftp or telnet account on my system expires. FTP part is ok, but when I am entering the 3 script, it stucks. I can see that the script will not close the telnet seession. Can you please check and let me know what I am doing wrong? What if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
7 Replies

5. IP Networking

Open/close of ports

Hi, I have read some forum theads about the open and close ports. some points are clear and it is not working on my machine or something am i missing? I have commented out a port /etc/services, one application uses then when i use the telnet <hostname> <port_blocked> it shows connected..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balamv
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Libvirt does not work correctly anymore on my gentoo

Hi, Since a year my libvirtd does not work anymore on my Gentoodesktop. In the meantime a used virtualbox. But I would like to have back libvirt. The problem was after libvirt should not only work with root privileges. I deinstalled all things with libvirt an kvm. I removed all things from /var... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: darktux
4 Replies

7. SCO

Set NIC correctly , but the network does not work

I'm trying to virtualize an instance of SCO Open Server 5.0.2c in VirtualBox (called VM- A) , I can not configure the network (NIC). The NIC I'm using is PCnet -FAST III (Am79C973 ) (this NIC works with VirtualBox + SCO 5.0.5M) When I add from ' Add new LAN adapter' I detects the NIC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
2 Replies

8. Gentoo

LDAP-Auth does not work correctly with systemd

Hi, since the upgrade to Gnome 3.6 (now i have 3.8) the authentication over LDAP stops working. The whole machine does not start anymore. The machine boot, but no gdm and no X. I can login, with root, but then the tty hangs. When i look at ttyF12 i see a lot of systemd service the runs random,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darktux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does this awk script not work correctly?

I have a large database with English on the left hand side and Indic words on the left hand. It so happens that since the Indic words have been entered by hand, there are duplicates in the entries. The structure is as under: English headword=Indic gloss,Indic gloss A small sample will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get value from a close and open parenthesis?

Hi Gurus, I have an input like the one below. What i wanted to achieved is to create a select statement based from that information INPUTInsert into table_name (col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,DATE1,DATE2,col6,col7,col8,col9,col10,col11) values (6752,14932156,24,'ALL','Staff',to_date('04/17/2017... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
6 Replies
DH_PYTHON(1)							     Debhelper							      DH_PYTHON(1)

NAME
dh_python - calculates Python dependencies and adds postinst and prerm Python scripts (deprecated) SYNOPSIS
dh_python [debhelperoptions] [-n] [-V version] [moduledirs...] DESCRIPTION
Note: This program is deprecated. You should use dh_python2 instead. This program will do nothing if debian/pycompat or a Python-Version control file field exists. dh_python is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating the ${python:Depends} substitutions and adding them to substvars files. It will also add a postinst and a prerm script if required. The program will look at Python scripts and modules in your package, and will use this information to generate a dependency on python, with the current major version, or on pythonX.Y if your scripts or modules need a specific python version. The dependency will be substituted into your package's control file wherever you place the token ${python:Depends}. If some modules need to be byte-compiled at install time, appropriate postinst and prerm scripts will be generated. If already byte- compiled modules are found, they are removed. If you use this program, your package should build-depend on python. OPTIONS
module dirs If your package installs Python modules in non-standard directories, you can make dh_python check those directories by passing their names on the command line. By default, it will check /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/$PACKAGE, /usr/lib/games/$PACKAGE, /usr/share/games/$PACKAGE and /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages. Note: only /usr/lib/site-python, /usr/lib/python?.?/site-packages and the extra names on the command line are searched for binary (.so) modules. -V version If the .py files your package ships are meant to be used by a specific pythonX.Y version, you can use this option to specify the desired version, such as 2.3. Do not use if you ship modules in /usr/lib/site-python. -n, --noscripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.5.7 Python policy, version 0.3.7 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> most ideas stolen from Brendan O'Dea <bod@debian.org> 9.20120909 2011-12-06 DH_PYTHON(1)